I am 30 years old and am recently diagnosed with cystic kidney disease and my actual treatment consist of some meds controlling my hypertension for it is been a while I am dealing with high blood pressure also and I also started taking some over-the-counter to relieve the pain I feel in around my kidney area and actually exactly for those symptoms I went to see a doc but since I also had blood traces in my urine I was advised to have an kidney ultrasound and that is when I was diagnosed with cystic kidney disease and am recommended regular kidney monitoring for this cystic kidney disease may one day cause me kidney failure so I started thinking about some kidney cyst removal by some surgery. What do you think about this and I would also like to hear if there are some other cystic kidney disease complications. Thanks!

There are many health complications related to the cystic kidney disease and one of the worse is kidney failure and this condition occurs when your kidney are not able to remove extra fluids from the blood and in this moment dialysis or kidney transplantation is usually performed. this is just one of the possible complications and you have already developed one of them it seems such as high blood pressure that you need to keep controlling constantly and also this pain you have is caused by those sacs that are formed within your kidneys those sacs are fluid filed and in some cases they may grow causing you this pain and sometimes pressure sensation and usually over-the-counter helps but it happens sometime those sucks that are kidney cysts growths that might causing you unbearable pain and the high risk of kidney failure so the only way out is surgery. And as for other complications there are many of them related to cystic kidney disease such as liver cysts, pregnancy complications, brain aneurysm, hearth valve abnormalities and you may also develop colon problems such as hernias or sacs on colon’s walls so as you may see being diagnosed with cystic kidney disease is not that simple but if you are regular with its monitoring than you have all chances keeping this disease under control.