Hi! After physical examination, my doctor told me that I probably have enlarged heart. I soon will have X – ray test to confirm diagnose. Only I want to know what can be cause, of enlarged heart.

Hi! As the name suggests, enlarged heart is an increase in the size of the heart.
An enlarged heart may be caused by a thickening of the heart muscle because of increased workload. This increased workload can be due to heart valve disease or high blood pressure. This is called hypertrophy which refers to enlargement of an organ or tissue due to an increase in cell size.
Left ventricular hypertrophy is the medical term for enlargement of the left ventricle. Hypertrophy also occurs in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Enlarged heart may also be a dilation of the heart due to damage that weakens the heart muscle. Examples include heart attack, congestive heart failure and dilated cardiomyopathy. I hope that you are satisfied with information.

I too was diagnosed with a enlarged heart muscle as well they did a ultra sounds of the heart i wonder what is done for this problem i am seeing a heart specialist and want to find out if this is serious and if it leads to heart attack has the Dr given you further feedback on this problme My primary did not tell me much but will be finding out this week more about this enlarge heart muscle Linda