Hi, I am 21 years old and I still live with my mother who is a hypochondriac. I don’t know how to deal with her. I want to think positive and to live a normal life, but she keeps filling my head with paranoia and possible diseases. Please help! What should I do?

I understand your worries, but your mother is sick and she needs help. It’s not easy to her to deal with this fear day after day. My friend has a hypochondriacal father, so I know how it feels like to live with so many fictioned diseases. He spend most of his time reading medical books for information on symptoms that only he notices. When I first met him, he was “suffering” from a brain cancer, then he had angina pectoris for a while, and now he has a costal chondritis. He usually assumes the worst, and there’s no way of convincing him the opposite. A doctor told him that he is healthy as a child, but he is still sick of worry. Unfortunately, if hypochondria sufferers are not treated on time, this condition could lead to anxiety and even panic. Try to talk to your mother about this problem, and explain her that she suffers from only one condition, called hypochondria .