My 32 year old brother suffers from hypochondria, he always thinks that's something wrong with him from the health aspect and the fact is he is pretty much in a good physical and medical condition. I am sure that his hypochondria is actually some kind of OCD. Might it be so and what is the hypochondria treatment? Thanks!

Yes it might be so. I had the same problem in my family my sis was such a hypochondriac you couldn't believe it. And her therapist said that hypochondria actually is OCD- obsessive compulsive disorder, or at least it was how I remembered it, anyway hypochondria is some type of OCD for the both of these diseases are of the same symptoms-worrying thoughts, intense fear that something terrible is about to happen and so people like them needs to get a constant a reassurance. My sister was treated with prosac, and I can tell she is ok now or at least it’s not like it used to be before-I remember she had the panic attacks if only her skin scratches her she thought she’s got a skin cancer and she had such low pain tolerance …. Anyway she has drive all our family going nuts. Like I said her condition is now much better for her therapist treated her symptoms like it was OCD which hypochondria actually is and now of course she is not on prosac anymore but she takes minerals for it's proved that's good in stopping or avoiding panic attacks.

Very interesting! Researching these disorders, I was thinking this exact thing. My significant other has many of these worries.