Hi, my father is 62 years old and he is having problems with heart for a long time. He is suffering from angina pectoris and his doctor told him that he will have to go on heart operation. He also told him that he will have to do sternectomy to approach to his heart. I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, sternectomu is operation where surgeon opens patient’s chest in order to approach to the heart or lungs. Operation where the sternectomy is performed is heavy operation which has to be done in deep narcosis. Also patient who experience sternectomy after that has to go on physical therapy to recover from trauma which cause such operation. However such operations are very successful in spite all danger which they bring.

I think you mean a sternotomy ...... I live my life now after a radical sternectomy that saved my life but can find VERY FEW others to connect with

Dear mrbbq82.

I would like to connect with you off-line to discuss your radical sternectomy. My mother had one in March and she is still
on vent (off an on) and in the hospital after flap reconstruction. We don't know anyone who has had this before, and would
like some additional information if you could help. We are starting to worry as she doesn't seem to be progressing. How long
did it take for you to recover?

Thank you

FIVE ONE NINE - SEVEN FOUR EIGHT- ONE ONE FIVE EIGHT

MODS PLESE LEAVE THIS ALONE AS OTHERWISE THERE IS NO CONTACT INFO

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

GREG HEENAN

KITCHENER ONTARIO

CANADA

i still have no idea how to connect with you