What could be the cause of neonatal hypothyroid syndrome –this is how my baby recently has been diagnosed and I still don't get it? What is this neonatal hypothyroid all about and how it could affect my baby? And where in the hack does this thing come from anyway? Thanks!

I think you should be asking for some medical advice for I believe this thing with neonatal hypothyroid syndrome might be pretty much serious condition for it affects the thyroid hormones works and it is never a good sign. I don't know the neonatal hypothyroid syndrome cause but it is more likely that it has something to do with maternal autoimmune system which affects directly the results on antythyroid-antybody test. So the main symptom of the neonatal hypothyroid syndrome is the lack of responsiveness to the thyroid hormones and though all this is all confusing but it might be caused by the serum free T4 and T3 elevation along with TSH. And if all this is of abnormal levels than it may cause hyperactivity disorder, low IQ, slow growth and similar so you should be worried over this and my advice is to seek medical control.