can chewing tobacco cause problems with your thyroid?

sure it can, because all of those toxins that tobacco contain can cause an underactive thyroid. smoking or chewing tobacco is bad because tobacco contains substances that affect both the function of the thyroid and the gland itself. also, smoking is related to so many different things and can cause so many headaches in your life when it comes to health. so, maybe you should really consider stopping doing this before you make some bigger damage or so. I was a passionate smoker, but as soon as I saw how many negative effects on my health tobacco has, I decided to stop. It was hard, but what I can do. Health comes first! 

Chewing tobacco is bad for your mouth and can cause oral cancer.

The cyanide and other toxins can cause symptoms which may involve the TH.

Tobacco may increase cortisol activity, which is involved with thyroid function.

Tobacco is definitely bad for your health if you have problems with your thyroid gland. Especially chewing tobacco is not good because chewing it you release toxins that can affect your whole mouth and even cause you oral cancer. Tobacco will decrease your thyroid function and secretion of the thyroid hormone. It can also block the function of the thyroid gland.
My suggestion to you is to avoid chewing tobacco if you have issues with thyroid. You can replace this habit with something else. I know that gum is not the same but you could get used to it in a while. How long have you been having problems with thyroid gland?
Good luck

I have been known from last three months and i am habit of chewing tobacco from last 20 years.

I've been chewing tobacco for over a year, and was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's autoimmune disease leading to hypothyroidism. My thyroid is still working but the antibodies are crazy high. They are attacking my thyroid. I quit chewing after several failed attempts over the last three months. Anyway I hope this info is useful to someone...

My thyroid is from last 5 years and ibam chewing tabacco from last 3 years I want to quit but how

Does dipping tobacco cause a high thyroid rather than a low thyroid cause I have and high thyroid it’s a 16 when I should be a 4 and I wanted to know if dipping will cause any negative effevts