i stoped smoking four months ago,with in the four months i have had pannic attaks,chest and upper back and rib pains i went to the doctors i was put on some anti deperssants and they are muscle relax,
i have now had to stop taking them as becouse you can only have them for so long,
sleep less nights with pain and pins and neddles in my hand and fingers,
thinkin i'm going to have a heart attack and die.
i have givin up with no help just will power,
any ideas of how long the pains will last ?

Although I've never smoked, I know smokers that have stopped cold turkey after many, many years; and I know smokers that have an ongoing struggle. What seems to be helpful are solutions to help your mind let go of the need. It sounds like you've tried to treat the physical affects alone. Have you thought of a healthy hobby that you'd practice on a regular basis? I have a friend who practices yoga and other calming exercises. Have you tried any of these distracting, calming activities?

Do you have any outlets for getting your mind off of the symptoms and need to smoke and more focused on your bodies health? A long walk might do the trick if you are not into something a little more cardiovascular.

I haven't smoked before but have friends who smoked in college and quit when they found out they were pregnant. They were forced to quit cold turkey and were able to be successful just by distracting themselves from the need and desire to smoke. Of course, there are patches and medication to help you be successful. Thanks for your question. I am sure you are not the only one battling this! It is a huge issue. Anyone have some advice?

The withdrawal timeline for tobacco smoking is around two weeks, while the withdrawal timeline for marijuana smoking is about the same though the most severe symptoms may peak at different times. Psychological withdrawal can last much longer than physical withdrawal. You may be triggered when confronted with people you used to smoke with, or a particularly stressful situation, for instance. 

After four months, however, it seems like whatever you are experiencing should no longer be the result of withdrawal. I would speak to my doctor if I were you, just to make sure any mental or physical needs you have are addressed. 

Hi:
You were having some serious symptoms. Are you doing better? I hope that you have been able to stick with your plan to stop smoking. Did you find a support system that could really be there for you. I hope that your symptoms got better, but if not, I hope you consulted with a doctor. I wish you the best. I know that this is difficult, but in the long-term, great for your quality of life. Please let us know how you are doing. If you didn't make it thru the first try, don't give up. Keep trying, you can do it.

I'm currently going through almost everything you stated. My worst things are the insomnia and I am having some minor breathing difficulties (feels like when you have a cold and your sniffly). I stopped almost exactly a month ago. I had an anxiety disorder prior to starting smoking. I actually have heard several times smoking can worsen your condition.

Anyways week 3 was the hardest for me, and there have now been two times where everything was almost completely back to normal for a few days, then i'll be slammed back into it and the anxiety multiplies it even further. I know it's in my head as I have very good control over my conscious mind, but my subconscious I have been unable to control, I just try to keep my mind off of it and the symptoms wane.

It really sucks honestly I have broken my fibula twice and thats the extent of my med problems. I would rather someone take a chainsaw and cut off my leg. Atleast that happens and then it is done. This is a slow, dull, chronic pain, on 24 hours a day. One symptom subsides and another takes right over. When I am in my right mind I can rationalize it all and its bearable but when im not, its the worst pain ive ever experienced.

Stay strong, alot of it is in your head. Try not to care or pay attention.

hey mfitterer how are you feeling these day still have the anxiety withdrawls?