Hi, I am at my wits end! My daughter is 15 years old, and she’s acting unacceptable. She has always been a good child, but now I cannot recognize her. She is arrogant, sarcastic and rood. Any suggestions?

Hello, I know what you’re going through. I experienced the same thing with my son. He has completely changed in puberty, and his behavior became annoying. I was at my wits end, and I didn’t know how to keep my authority. Punishments were not effective any more, and yelling was pointless. I know how you feel, and I believe that you’re at your wits end. Puberty will go away, and you need strength and patience to deal with it. Even if your daughter is giving you a hard time, try to understand her feelings too. It’s not an easy job to be a parent, but when your child grows up, you will remember only the good things.

At ages 15-18, teens start to feel more independent and try to push their luck. It is part of growing up, the breaking away from the mom/dad authority.

AS teens get older, giving them LIMITED freedoms, and treating them more like young adults can help. They need to be shown trust, but they also need stability and discipline.

IF you holod back too much it can cause more rebellion, if you are too lenient you can cause problems too.

Finding balance in the later teenage years helps.