I am 15 and 1/2 years old, I know I have anger issues, and I have been to many therapists and all. But nothing has seemed to help, I get pissed about anything and everything, even the littlest things people say, like even if they just ask me a question.
Does anyone know if it is some sort of disease or anything.

It's like depression but with anger instead of sadness.

Have you been checked for bi-polar? If I were you, I would talk to your family doctor about it.

No, I have not checked for being bi-polar. But like, the anger is not directed towards everyone, mostly my family, or any like, authority. Not to my friends or anything.
It's kinda weird.

Hi, many times angers serves to cover our sadness. Maybe this is what you do? Some times we are not aware that we do it.
Is there anything you feel sad about or hurt? Are you frustrated at something/someone close?
In any case - talking about things, I find, helps. It helps more if you talk to someone you trust. If you have severe anger bursts talk to a professional (therapist) whom you like and trust.
Also - Chinese medicine has some useful diagnosis and rememdies - maybe consult a chinese doctor x

Maybe it is the sadness or feeling hurt. I think it came from when I was younger, my real dad would abuse me by choking me, throwing things at me, and once he ran me over with a four wheeler, one of the big Polaris ones.

This is awful. You must be feeling hurt. Maybe even scared? I hope these things (that you describe) are not happening to you any longer?
No wonder you feel angry - I would feel angry too in your place. But if you feel you cannot control your anger - this is a problem.
Can you talk to someone close to you about what happened to you? Can you talk to a school counsellor maybe? x

No, it does not happen any more, when I was ten I refused to see my dad. And I would not move one inch if someone tried to take me to him. And I ran away once just to stop from seeing him. But I have talked to many counselors and therapists. They have tried giving me medication, and nothing really worked. I mean, on my self conscious level I don't feel scared or hurt.
The anger, it is very hard to control. For the most part, if i can see what I am about to do if it is going to endanger someones life, I can stop it. And the only way I can let anger out is by being destructive. Not to myself, but to objects. Like breaking walls and glass, things nobody wants to happen, but does not endanger anyone. So whenever I do get angry I just yell a lot! trying to restrain myself from hitting people and things. As you can tell it is very hard for me to let anger out.

I admire you for having the strength (at 10 years old) to run away from him and be stong from within.
I am glad these things do not happen to you any more.
I have to get off the pc now but will try to post you another log tomorrow. Get plenty of sleep and healthy food and look after yourself! Remember - you are in control and not your anger.
Hope this helps a little for now xx

By the way - I do not think Bipolar has anything to do with what you describe.
Have a look at this site (I think you may find it useful):
focusas.com/Anger.htm
Also look at:
wholechild.net/angermanagement.htm
and try to get the book.

Also- you said that you went to see some counsellors. It sounds to me (though it is very difficult to comment about this just from a few lines) that your mother and any sisters/brothers may benefit from a 'together' counselling session.

How did you feel today?

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

I was wondering if you had a hard childhood or did any one like abandon you or did you loose some? I had a very hard childhood and never got the love or effection a child should have. So alot of us hold it all in and sooner or later it will come out. Children dont know how to express their emotions. You need to try to find something that helps you relax. You might be depressed. I would try to heal yourself by taking time to yourself. Do some self searching and you might find the sorce. Anger can lead to many more problems. I have a son who's 17, and his dad is in prison. I see him go through alot. If you need someone to talk to email me back. Good luck girl.

Ya know.. it could just be that you're a teenager.

Anger plays a huge role in hormonal changes.

While that may be a common misperception, teens are not actually prone to wild moodswings like it's been made to be as a stereotype. It actually could be an emotional issue. I suspect that it could be depression, really. Have you been to a therapist about this?

Hahah, dont be rediculous, everyine in this post (original poster aside) is silly :-D
Its not about past childhood problems, family issues, or any of this complicated psychological c**p, getting spontaneously pissed off is natural, particularly during adolescence.

Thanks. Now I know that when I reach my teenage years, I'll get even more pissed.

What has always helped me with my anger is physical activity- running, boxing, dancing...but especially hitting a punching bag!  If you get one and hit it everyday you will soooo much better!  Also excersize raises serotonin levels which make you happy!  Also, other people are always going to be sillyand annoying, just remeber that people can't help but being ignorant or silly...  But boxing is better than anti depressents or talking it out, or anything like that in my experience