Iam currently working on my g.e.d rightnow an i have a toddler son. His father would give me money for him but now he doesnt want to. So if i go through the state will they take him to court or would i have to take him to court. And also will i get in trouble if im working on my g.e.d and not working at moment

Do you have a court order for support? If so report the delinquency to the state or whatever authority oversees that where you are. They should handle it for you.

The way it works here is the state sends you the support check and they collect from him. That way you always get paid and they squeeze it out of him or send him to jail.

We have no court order cs. Its more of what we agreed on. Ourselves. But now because he no longer wants to stick with our agreement of him giving me money i have said im going to take him to court for child support and now he is taking me to court for joint custody and he also says so he wont have to pay for child support. Im recently in school at moment and my son just turned 3. He lived with me since he was born and the father was barely around. Can he get custody that easily. And if im not working at the momemt and going to school can that hurt my cs case?

Joint custody simply means that you both have equal rights to see the child. If your son lives with you the court will decide what the father should pay for support and the state will enforce it in most states.

If your son has been living with you the court will likely continue that.