Hi, I don’t have a good communication with my old daughter. She is 16 years old and she’s changed so much in the last two years, I can barely recognize her. She became rude and impolite to me and my husband, and when I try to talk to her she starts yelling how annoying I am. I really don’t know what to do.

Hi, I know what you are going through because I did the same thing to my parents when I was 16. I feel so bad when I remember all the things that I told them, but they know that it was just puberty talking out of me. I never really meant all the things that I said, but I didn’t care at the moment. Our communication was so bad that we couldn’t speak normally for one minute without yelling and fighting. I lasted until I turned 18 and became aware how much my behavior hurt my parents. Be patient with your daughter and don’t give up on her. This is just a part of her growing up, and you shouldn’t stop giving her all the love and support even if it seems that she’s rejecting you. Teens could never communicate with their parents, and this will probably never change.

Im 15 and im female i know its wrong but i do it to my parents too i try to stop but my parents just bother me when i want to be alone espeacially when im in a bad mood and mostly cause im stressed out on school issues or because im tired and want to be alone but i feel like my parents wont leave me alone and they just keep bothering me to the point where they make me say things i dont mean i feel like they keep provocking me... People say its puberty and my parents have alot of patients they just shut up sometimes and let me be and u know it helps ...

When I was about 14-16 I did the same things to my parents. I think it is just a phase all teens go through. The things teens say can be hurtful, but they don't mean it. Just remeber they have a lot going on and they are trying to figure out who they are. Just give your teen a little space and let her know you are there for her if she ever feels like talking.