I am 14 years old. I have been having diarrea for about 4-5 days now (maybe a bit more). I have no idea what happened, I felt fine one day, then the next day I went to the bathroom because I had to go...number 2. It was all normal...but then when I thought I was done, I got a weird unnatural grumbling noise in my stomach, then came the diarrea. It was a normal brown color. The next day I felt very weak and I CONSTANTLY had to keep going to the bathroom...in which all of those times were diarrea. It was getting very wattery and soon turned to a pitch black color which looked soooo unnatural. The following days the blackness stopped, it was only temporary. My parents and my brother told me that I could be getting dehydrated so I should drink plenty of water. So I did. I drank bottles of water nonstop, and yesterday my diarrea finally left! I had a normal...poo...it wasn't runny and the color was normal. I was sooo happy and I was getting tired of having my bottom hurt so much! So I stopped drinking water because I felt fantastic and I thought it was gone. But now its back! What the heck?! Do I really have to drink this much water EVERYDAY to prevent diarrea? Because I really don't want to have to do that. I'm drinking so much water that I feel unhealthy and I feel like I'm standing outside in the winter with no clothes on. Can someone please tell me whats wrong with me? I'm thinking of going to see a doctor soon, but could someone tell me what they did if this has ever happened to them?

Hey i can understand which situation u r facing. As per my advise u can try a real dark coffee .

You probably cought the stomach flu. Water is good to guard against dehydration, but at the same time you don't have to drown yourself in it.
You can try some OTC stuff like Immodium or Kaopectate.
One can have the poops with no other symptoms, just a bad stomach.
Sometimes a bug in the stomach can cause the poops for several days.
If you have no other symptoms like fever or vomitting, i say just roll with it, it will pass.

Hi there, if you're not doing so well with diarrhea, I don't understand how coffee would help with that situation very much. Can you tell me how that would work? I'm curious because I always thought dark coffee actually could cause diarrhea. Thanks!

I don't get the idea of black coffee either. Usually the first cup of coffee in the morning helps me to "have a nice day" if you know what i mean. If it worked in reverse i'd be stopped up thighter than heck, i love my coffee.

Well for a good advice. Have some chocolate. It will really trigger a lot of hormones that gives you pleasure. (FOR A WHILE HAHAHAHA!!). If it's happening for the third time I think you should go to the doctor. Could be some food poisoning I guess.

I totally agree. But I think that if you drink too much that you can have a lot of loose stool and it can appear to be diarrhea and that's pretty dang awful as she's been going through this. Are you still around ddm92?