hi, I am 23 and not circumcised. i realized for a while now that i cant retract my foreskin. when i try i see that my frenulum looks as though its ripped (if thats possible) so i cant retract to clean underneath. i realize as well when i try retracting that there is a build up of some white substance underneath and it smells. please anyone help. im afraid to have sex with my wife and i really want to. she thinks i should see a doctor but any other suggestions?

Health Guru

Hi, have you ever been able to retract your foreskin or is it something that has just happened recently?

Yes it is possible to tear the frenulum it's mainly done during rough intercourse of rough masturbation, the build up of the white stuff your talking about is smegma all uncircumcised guys and even females can get it around there clitoris and under there clitoral hood.

I have always been able to retract. Its just about a week or mor ago that this has been happening. My wife had a yeast infection but got it treated. Can it be that i contacted it? I have no burning or itching whatsoever. No discharge or swelling in any way just that i cant retract it now. If i try its very painful and the frunulum is red ans a bit swollen and looks like it has a lilttle slit.

Health Guru
Some say males can't get yeast infections or transfer them and others say you can so that question is debatable, it might be that you have picked up an infection he your frenulum has torn so I would say it maybe worth a trip to see the doctor but don't let them talk you into circumcision if you don't want it or there is other options.

Ok thanks alot

Health Guru
It maybe a case that they will give you some antibiotics or antibiotic cream and that will sort it out, if you want to try and clean the build up from under your foreskin you can always use something like a pipette or syringe to just squirt some warm water inside your foreskin then pinch the end shut and let it soak for a few minutes then release the end and let the water out then massage the glands through the foreskin to help loosen up the smegma then repeat with water again.
Let us know how you get on :-)

Ok ill try that first