Hey, been reading up a little bit on the internet and this forum and thought I'd create a thread regarding my problem, since I need help with it. Sorry for the essay guys but I thought I might as well give as much detail so you can help me. Oh, I'm obviously uncircumsized by the way.

It seems I've got "phimosis" however only just noticed that this was a problem a few months ago, and only learned the term for it a few weeks ago. When flaccid I can pull my foreskin back a little bit, maybe showing around a 5mm hole is what I'm guessing since I don't have a ruler at hand. I don't believe I have a smegma build up as I can't feel any small bumps under the foreskin (I had some smegma when I was younger a few years ago which I removed). I used to be able to retract my foreskin somewhat, I think a few years ago I was able to retract it just over the head of the penis for a small period (I remember getting it stuck behind the head once leading me to panic like hell, but after I few seconds I sorted it out thankfully). Anywho, a lot of people seem to have a sensitive head they say in their opening when they pull the foreskin back, mine isn't too sensitive however when I touch it and I'm guessing this is because I had a brief period when i could retract my foreskin.

I just thought I'd let you know about my history in case it is important in the factors of being able to retract my foreskin fully. I need help here obviously as I simply can't retract my foreskin back. The skin at the top of the foreskin in the ring shape which is what needs stretching around the head seems more elasticated on the right than on the left. I appear to have a very small scar on the left side of the foreskin ring which seems to make the skin around that area a tiny bit tougher, will this stop me from retracting my foreskin at all ?

I'm naturally a quiet person and therefore haven't sought medical help from a doctor or nurse, and if possible I'd like to try and keep it that way as I would find it embarressing to discuss and display. I know I shouldn't, anyway, here is some questions I thought I'd ask:

Does having sex for the first time retract the foreskin (break the "banjo string") ? And does a lot of blood come out as well as it being painful ? (I'm a virgin for the record).

What can I do to retract my foreskin and make it so my foreskin is flexible ? And how long will it take ?

Are there any extra aids that will help me retract my foreskin ? (Like creams etc, and how can I get these)?

I'm starting University this coming week so I want to get this sorted as soon as possible. Sorry for the essay guys, I'm just a bit annoyed that I have this "phimosis" condition and have to go through this extra hassle. I guess I can provide a pic or two if necessary.

Help will be appreciated, thanks guys.

Anybody able to help ?

To get the foreskin over the head you have to do it gradually otherwise you might cause yourself an injury. The banjo string (frenulum) is going to be tight, since it has been a while since you retracted the skin.
Gradually with warm soapy water everyday, retract the foreskin as far as it can without pain, and while either erect of flaccid, put your fingers into the foreskin and slowly pull outwards to stretch the band.

Good luck, and remember, take it slow

Thanks for the help. I was contemplating going to see a uroligist about it and asking about treatment and creams etc but I'm ridiculously busy at the moment with University starting on Friday. Packing boxes and moving out etc, I've got little time so it's going to be tricky.

How long will this gradual cure take do you think ? A month, maybe less ?

Anymore suggestions and help please ?

Anymore help please ?

Well your frenulum shouldn't break and no blood should be spilled. I am in pretty much the same situation as you. Just do the stretching. It does work. It takes a few weeks before you see results though.

Some guys have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

You are normal for your age. Your foreskin is still developing. You can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Sorry to hear of your problem with the foreskin, but it's quite common particularly when growing up.  As the advice above suggests you just need to give your penis regular and gentle attention through the, er, uhhmmm, usual process.  Most males around your age need little prompting to help them to remember to relieve their mental tension at least once a day, and your activity of gently but daily foreskin stretching for the normal reasons will also gradually ease the skin back further.  When you can orgasm with the skin behind the head and have no pain, you should be there, but take it slowly, don't force anything, it will take a few months.  You might find some lanolin or other hand cream useful on the head and on and under the skin to 'grease the mechanism'.  It's also important that you try to enjoy the process !  I am sure you will.  If you can enlist the help of a good friend in your exercise programme, it will also ease the strain on your own right hand !  Good luck