I'm 19 and have only recently been able to retract my foreskin over the head (I have phimosis, a tight ring). I can do it easily now, even when erect. However, when I get the foreskin below the head (glans), the foreskin turns inside-out and it almost seems fused to the bottom of the glans. I cannot expose the shaft, I can only stretch the foreskin so that more of the inner foreskin is exposed.

Is this normal? Not normal? Cause for concern?

Thanks.

Hi, l dont think l would be to worried if i were you, all sounds quite normal.

Your foreskin is retracting nicely, and not causing you any pain

Thanks for the response. The only concern I have is that I can't clean the entire penis, only the head and underneath the head. But if that's normal, cool.

I really wish they taught us this stuff back in Sex Ed, instead of teaching us the stuff we all knew ("okay, the penis goes in the vagina...nine months later a baby emerges.")

I can completely understand where you are coming from.. I would imagine it would take a very brave person to address these issues in sex-ed at school, . In these sex-ed classes everyone is inexperienced and not wanting to be different from everyone else, and laughed at for being different, as not wanting to really stand out from the crowd, no one really would feel comfortable with asking individual questions. sex-ed classes are good for beginning to learn.

So you should consider books, and sites like this can be helpful!! yes cleanliness is good, and your concern for your body is good, you seem switched on enough to be asking good questions. Your body sounds normal, relax!

hi im 19 and can only retract my foreskin to the base of my head and is attached because of my fendulum is this normal? and will it effect sex?

Normal, no cause for worry.

im 18. i can retract my foreskin fully when flacid, but i have to force it down when erect. i can ejaculate fine with it being down. is this a problem

Klaus, your foreskin sounds to be in fine condition. Most uncut boys with foreskin can retract their foreskin fully down to their balls when flaccid. How much foreskin you can retract when erect depends on how large your penis is in diameter. I believe mine is average at 5.5 inches circumference and I can retract fully down to my balls but my foreskin does not do this without some help by pulling it down. It usually retract 3/4ths the way down when erect. Your foreskin should be able to do the same when your penis is erect.

hi - I also have a long foreskin and I can pull it all the way back to my balls so I look circed. When I get erect I have to pull the foreskin back to see the head. I like to stretch it back to my balls to get the biggest erection.

The fusion at the bottom is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has an artery inside it that provides blood to the head of the penis. You don't want to cut or tear it because of that artery.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum. Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back, you have a short frenulum.

You can stretch the frenulum just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

It is really easy to clean your foreskin without retracting it. Here are two ways:

1. Urine is a sterile substance when it leaves the body so it is an excellent washing agent. Pinch the tip of your foreskin shut when you pee. Let the urine fill up your foreskin. You will see your foreskin balloon because of the urine inside. Then release the tip and all of the urine inside your foreskin will come gushing out and clean out whatever is inside.

2. Get a rubber bulb ear syringe from a drug store, pharmacy, or chemist’s shop. These are designed to squirt warm water into ear canals to clean them out. They also work great for cleaning out foreskins. Fill the ear syringe with warm (not hot) water and then insert the tip of the syringe into your foreskin. Then squeeze the bulb and a jet of warm water will squirt into your foreskin and clean out what even is inside.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has an artery inside it that provides blood to the head of the penis. You don't want to cut or tear it because of that artery.

Klaus:

Apparently everything is working fine and you do not have a problem.