Several weeks ago my penis became very itchy. I wash under the foreskin when in the shower and did so again the day after it became itchy. I found an unusual build up of smegma. I cleaned this away and the itching stopped.

However, the next day there again was an unusual build up of smegma. (no itching though) and again I cleaned it away.

Then my foreskin started to swell up (no redness) and I was unable to retract it fully to clean underneath. I could still see a build up of smegma there.

Over the next few days the skin around the foreskin became very dry and started to crack. My urine started to smell very bad as well (colour is fine).

The foreskin is still very swollen (no change in colour) and I am unable to retract it at all. The smegma build up doesnt seem to be as severe.

im 35 and this has never happened to me before.

What could be the problem? and what might be the solution? no snippity snip will be happening though.

hi, my name is nick, i noticed a couple of months ago my foreskin was started to get swollen and i have a discharge (smegma) smells a little

i do wash it but nothing much is happening i do put creams like anti-fungal but not much is happening,could anyone help me on this i can't pull back my foreskin because its swollen

That sounds like what happened to me. It is either caused by excessive masturbation or sex that is so frequent, you are causing this problem. If you go to the Dr. and you should, he will prescribe a steroid cream ( Ketometasome) that you apply to the head and inside the foreskin, several times a day. That's what I had to do. It clears up in about 3 or 4 days. Also, look at using lubrication when masturbating in the future. This is very important. I know, I didn't used to need lubrication when I was young, now I do. Since using a lube, that has never happened again. Let me know how it goes.

One small correction. The prescription my doctor gave was for Ketoconazole and NOT Ketometasome.

It sounds as though you have a yeast infection. You may try to treat it at home by:

1. Washing the area.
2. Drying the area thoroughly.
3. Applying athlete's foot cream containing clotrimazole.

soak your pecker in warm water, make sure the foreskin is back and only use warm water. do this a few times during the week and make sure you dry your helmet every time. that might help you

Could be a yeast infection or another type. Best to get checked. If it is caused by smegma, wipe it away more frequently. Try a cream with vitamin A too (like Man1 Man Oil), which can cut down on bacteria.