This has been really annoying me for about a week now. I feel like i am breathing heavier than normal even when i am just sitting trying not to think about it and i constantly feel the need to take a deep breath. I keep trying to fight the urge from taking a deep breath but i cant. It all started when i was waking up through the night needing air and i went to the docters and all they said was anxiety but i have nothing to worry about and its just got worse through the week since then happening through the day. I was wondering if anyone knew what this was and how i can get it to go away?

The feeling of not getting enough air makes me anxious.  I drink chamomile tea and do a simple yoga breathing exercise.  Here is the exercise:  I sit in a chair with my back straight or lie down flat.  Then I (1) breathe air in to my stomach so that I can see my stomach expand, (2) breathe air into the middle of my lungs, (3) breathe air into the top of my lungs, (4) pause.  I count in my head 1.....2.....3......4.......while I am doing it.  Then I (1) exhale the air out of my stomach, (2) exhale the air out of the middle of my lungs, (3) exhale the air out of the top of my lungs, (4) pause, counting in my head while I do it.  Then I repeat.

I have been practicing this breathing exercise for years, so I can do it for fifteen minutes or more. You may not be able to do it as long. The breathing and the chamomile tea have always helped me.

Let me know whether it works for you.

Thankyou i will give that a try. I tryed put my face above a big bowl of hot water last night with a tee-towel over my head its supposed to help your sinuses but it also helped with my breathing.

Anything that helps your sinuses will help your breathing.

You can help your sinuses (and your breathing) permanently by changing your diet.  No junk food, no milk or cheese, and no sugar, which means no candy, baked goods, soda pop and so on.  It took me years to make those changes, but it was worth it.  I think it may have saved my life.

Peppermint tea is good for sinuses.  You can inhale it in steam with a tea towel over your head, you can drink it, and you can take a bath in it.  For the bath, pour one or two quarts of hot water over a cup of peppermint leaves, let them cool and strain the liquid into a bath.  I buy peppermint leaves by the pound  -- I think I pay about $10 for the pound.

Chamomille is ok if you are not allergic to ragweed, a common outdoor allergy. Otherwise, it will make thinks worse.