For about a month now I've been having this weird breathing problem. I'm 24 and never had any health problems except for anxiety disorders.

When I rotate my upper body it sounds like someone is squeezing the air out of my lungs. It makes like a haaaaaaaa sound if you were to not use your vocal chords to make the sound....only your breathe.

It has been steadily getting worse and now when I make sudden movements the noise occurs. I've also been feeling like there is a lump in my throat and like its getting harder to breathe. Almost like my throat is getting tighter or something.

I don't have any pains or anything like that. Do you think this could be pnemonia or maybe some suggestions as to what else it is? I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow because something is not right.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This tightness in the throat can really be annoying!

I also had a lump in throat issue and it I know that it takes a little bit longer to see what is the cause. Well, it was an allergy.  An allergy to some medication that I was using back then and this medication caused irritation and swelling in my throat.

If you are using some medication at this moment, you should ask your doctor to switch you to another one. I am sure that this can help. Also, you should try to see do you have any allergy to certain foods.

have you found out anything about your noise yet? I just started having the same thing. I am 32 in fairly good health, except for back problem for which i take pain killers, and muscle relaxers for. I don't smoke, but I live in a house with 2 smokers. If you find out anything please let me know.

Have you found out anything about your noise yet? I just started having the same thing. I am 32 in fairly good health, except for back problem for which i take pain killers, and muscle relaxers for. I don't smoke, but I live in a house with 2 smokers. I have been told it sounds like the classic chest rattle. I have to get rid of this before i go take my DOT physical for work. If you find out anything please let me know.

I went to the doctor and he said I could go in and get a chest x ray but he didnt seem to think it was anything. It still makes the weird noise but it doesnt hurt anymore like it started to. I'll probably end up goiing to get an x-ray.........but if do go before me let me know what he tells you. :-)

I had the same problem. I went in for an xray, and they found no problems with the lungs. I am a 33 year old male, in great shape. It seemed to help with inhalers, and drinking red wine. Wierd. I still live with the issue. Could be tonsils, gallbladder, alergies, acid reflux or even the diet you are on. Hope this helps

I just scrolled upon your blog. My tonsils have been swollen for about 3 weeks now and today when I was exercising my lungs started making a funny sound. I was moving my hips back and forth and it was like they were breathing on their own. Every time get on the ground and do this exercise the sound becomes louder and louder. Now my lungs hurt. I don't think it's because of asthma because I've had asthma for about 3 years and it feels nothing like it. I even took an inhaler and it didn't help at all? It sounds like the exact same thing that you and the other person had.... Have you found out anymore about this problem?

Hi!
My husband has the same thing and he is never sick. At the same time his stomach is bloated. He has had several scans and still they cannot find out what is wrong. He is on steroids now, which is not good for the immune system, we hope to find a specialist soon.
Cheers,
Charlotte.