Hey there guys. I heard two ladies and one guy talking today about circular breathing for heart patients. They were talking that circular breathing is very important for everyone who are having problem with a heart. I don’t understand how, why and what exactly they were thinking about.

So I decided to share it with you and see what do you think, what do you know?

I remember that one my old friend told me once that circular breathing is important because you will not stress yourself.

Is it true? If this is not true, what does it exactly mean?

Thank you.

Hey there. Well circular breathing is the ability to maintain a sound for long period of time by filling your cheeks with air when you start to run low on the air in your lungs. I found this sentence a long time ago and I totally remember it.

I believe that when you circular breathe you use the air in your cheeks. I think that it is very important to find the proper balance while you are breathing. I am trying to breathe this way while I am running and I don’t know am I doing the right thing.

Keep in touch.

Listen, circular breathing is practically just breathing in (taking the air) through your nose and then breathing out (releasing the air) through your mouth by pushing it with your inner cheeks. Sounds simple but it requires practice.

If you ever tried to play the flute you know what I am talking about. My brother plays the flute in the orchestra and I see him do that all the time. I didn’t know that this can have benefits for people with heart conditions.

I was suggested to practice this type of breathing by my high school professor, it was when I first started with long term running.

You have explained circular breathing well but you forgot to mention that these breathing ins and breathing outs are supposed to happen at the same time, right?
I played the sax and I also had heart problems. I have suffered a heart attack last year.
I tried playing the sax after that and since it does require circular breathing, I was worried that it might harm my heart. I attached pulse oximeter while playing and I’ve noticed that my pulse started rising after a few minutes of circular breathing. It was very high, it reached 100-105. So I stopped, I need to consult with some doctor about it.

I’m not playing any musical instrument but I’ve tried circular breathing. I was suggested to try it by a friend. She told me that it will have many benefits for my heart. According to her it was suppose help my whole body to relax, but in fact I had a completely different experience with it. It’s similar to the experience of the user above. My pulse raised to the point where I could feel my heart trying to work much harder and then I just stopped. It doesn’t seem to be helping me, on the contrary. Or maybe I’m not doing it well.

Hey there. Well the problem is because I really don’t know that much about circular breathing and that is why I haven’t ask you some specific question. I asked generally because I want to know why some people think that circular breathing is really good thing for heart patients.

I was trying to find something about this, just to know more since I know a lot of them who are having problem with heart and I know that some of them doesn’t have a clue that circular breathing can help them or cannot help them.

I have heard that is similar to music instruments but still I don’t know nothing…

This is an ancient technique and I’ve tried it for the first time years ago while I was into music. At that time I didn’t even know that it can affect heart health. But I was aware of some other benefits of this breathing technique.

If you want you can pm me and I will send you several links of people teaching you how to circular breathe on youtube. Or you can find them yourself.

I just need to say that it’s not really breathing in and out simultaneously, cause that is impossible. It just seems like that cause you are pushing the air stored in your cheeks out while breathing in through your nose.

Hey. Let me explain to you what circular breathing actually is. This is actually a technique that enables the wind instrumentalist to maintain a sound for a very long periods of time by inhaling through the nose while you are maintain air flow through the instrument while you are using your cheeks as bellows. This procedure is not that simple but if you try hard enough you will learn it. There are a few steps that you can find everywhere – how to breathe circular and you will need to exercise. Actually, it is amazing thing for patients with heart problems. It is not impossible but you will need to exercise.