Hello, my friends. I am preparing to go to a local yoga school and start with my yoga lessons. I am interested in whether breathing is important when practicing yoga. I would say it is, but I would like to hear what more experienced ones think about this subject. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Breathing is very important for yoga practice. Yoga is an optimal combination of movement and breathing. It is very important to coordinate breathing and movements. In that way you will have a correct posture and that is what is effective. A proper breathing should be deep, slow and rhythmical. You will be surprised how many things you will have to learn about breathing. But, don’t try to know everything before your class. You will learn all that in yoga school from your instructor. I hope you will be satisfied. Bye!

In yoga breathing is very important, the proper supply of oxygen to the lungs is essential in yoga. You should do yoga under a good instructor and institute. This way you'll be able to know as well as do yoga in the proper manner.

Yes, breathing is very important when doing yoga poses. It gives your body the proper supply of air during the poses and based on experience, it helps you execute the poses well and with less possibility of injury.

I think one of the most important things about yoga is breathing. With out proper breathing you would not be able to perform hard poses. You need to inhale just enough air in your body so you can focus fully to perform one of yoga poses. I know when I do Three it is hard if you have lack of air in your lungs and it is even harder for me if I have too much air.

Actually breathing is the soul of yoga. the postures you make while doing yoga is affected by the way you breathe.the longer you breathe more the effect of the posture on your body muscles. there is no point in doing yoga if you dont breathe properly

Hi Peter,
It seas like you know a lot about how to do yoga properly. Are you interested in telling us some ways of proper breathing techniques?

Regards

Breathing is critical to yoga. You breathe into each stretch to help you release any tension as you breathe out in the area being focused on.

It helps you relax for the best benefits of yoga.

Be Healthy,
Renee'

Hello. Yes, breathing is an essential factor in yoga. Actually, it is a basic part in yoga. Certain yoga poses require certain kind of breathing.