How to eliminate this unpleasant feeling that I’m going to suffocate because of breath loss while I’m in the pool? I don’t really know when to inhale or exhale. It seems like I’m doing that randomly without any kind of pattern and sometimes when my head is under the water I don’t have enough air and oxygen in my lungs. How to overcome this and learn inhale-exhale rhythm?

That’s the problem many people encounter when they start exercising swimming or running. Actually, I think that proper breathing pattern is the foundation of every sports activity because if it’s not well established, you can encounter problems. Sometimes people feel dizzy and weak because the improper breathing pattern causes poor flow of oxygen into the brain and lungs. That can be unpleasant and your training is completely inefficient then. So, better spend some time trying to learn how to breathe properly while in the pool instead of waiting for that problem to disappear on its own, because that is not going to happen. There are certain breathing exercises which you can practice at home and you can ask your swimming coach to help you deal with this.