Hi there all,

About a month ago I smoked pot. I know this story have been told. Already posted something familiar, but didn't get information about some things. Now I hope someone will give me valuable information about my state.

So I'll skip some part (if someone want to know this is the whole story https://www.steadyhealth.com/Anxiety_paranoia______or_something_else___t241380.html#856384 )

So I got panic attack while I was high. Few days after that suffered from severe derealization/depersonalization. And after that, I got scared that I'm going "nuts", "crazy" or shall I say walking from the road of sanity.
That information scared me the most and since than I have kinda obsessive and scary thoughts. Even though, I talked to closest ones (family and closest friends) about everything and they assured me I was just being worried and having irrational thoughts, I still sometimes have these thoughts. They just pop up. And the "what if scenarios" start to make in my head. Usually it doesn't last long and I start thinking more positive, and usually they stop. So I continue rational thinking and saying "you are just scared of those irrational, intrusive and disturbing thoughts". I am aware of them and know they are highly impossible to happen.

I noticed though, they are usually triggered when I'm in group of people. I start to question everything around me. Someone looks at me and I immediately think "Did this person looked at me cause I talked to myself and not being aware (like thinking out loud.)?" or "Cause I did something insane person would do?". Or when I hear someone laughing behind my back "Did this person laughed at me?". So I worry, worry and worry. But this doesn't happens all the times sometimes I heard people laugh and don't even think they are laughing about me but sometimes it just pops in my mind.

My current other symptoms (besides the fear of going crazy and loosing control):

-Easily annoyed and scared by those obsessive thoughts
-Easily annoyed by very high pitched or very deep sounds
-Seeing even slightest movements, especially in the corner of my eye
-Insomnia, fatigue, depression, tensed and tired body (and mind), dry skin and rashes
-Waking from sleep with numbness and tinglings in arms and legs
-Occasional nightmares
-Trouble concentrating
-Sensitivity to light and sounds (sometimes can't sleep when even little noise is present)
-sometimes screeching and ringing in ears

p.s. I am 19yr old. Mechanical engineering student. I had mild shyness which I overcome when I started college. But after weed it returned in maybe bigger dose then it was before. And the biggest problem is my occasional questioning of reality after my panic attack. Sometimes I question things like "Was that sound really there? Is that person really there?" and that kind of stuff. Even this talking about that stuff makes me even more anxious and scared. And almost everyday is like that. I'm scared that weed triggered some severe illness that can't be cured and that I will end up being looney. And that questioning of things is my start of schizophrenia or something. I haven't been to psychiatrist (yet) cause some days I really feel like my old self and that I'm recovering from this "illness".

I don't know if that is just anxiety or something worse, so all days I'm studying about my problems and trying to solve them by understanding them. And that scares me even more cause I think cuz of that I will "abandon" my college studying and loose year or something. :-(

Thanks to all in advance,
Best regards,
Bruno.

Oh yeah. I forgot to say that I sometimes, again in crowded and noisy placed misinterpret the sounds. For example I hear that someone called my name or some sound that sounds like my name said and my mind always think that someone called me. Or I constantly fear about hearing voices, that I might start to hear them and then I think about something and not really paying attention for what are people talking and just hear like some sound that sounds just like my thought. Really weird and scary. Hopefully I don't hear voices when I'm alone. But I actually wake up every morning, with fear that this day might be the first to start hearing them.

Regards and thanks for replies,
Bruno.

No help. I guess. :-(

Hey man,

the "weed" didn't do it to ya, but I have to say reading your symptoms it does seem like you have some sort of mild generalized anxiety disorder, which is very common, and easy to manage successfully.

I would go ahead and see your primary doctor, talk it out, they will sometimes prescribe for mild anxiety disorders, otherwise if they think its necessary they'll refer you to a mental health professional like a Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.

D/w, I feel the same. I smoked weed too and eversince then,it feels like I'm going crazy. :/ you're not alone.

my bro smokess weed everyday, and hes expierienncing thee same

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies.

I am in process of going to psychiatrist, already visited my primary doctor and she prescribed me Xanax. It's controllable and bearable now. :-)

I hope when I visit psych that he/she will know how to guide me forward and what is actually wrong with me.

And I hope that you, my friend with same experience will get better, as well as other guest's brother!

Cheers,

Bruno.

Hey, i just wanna say thanks so much for sharing this because its really comforting to see someone's going through literally the exact same thing i am struggling with. Everything youve listed happened to me too and iv'e read similar things on other forums.
All those things you said about being worried that you "triggered" something and that you're gonna end up crazy are exactly how i feel. I had a hell of a panic attack smoking weed about a year and a half ago. I'm not sure how long it went on for but i was also drunk at the time so it seemed like hours. I thought i was dead and it really traumatised me. For weeks after that i was down and i remember the first week questioning reality and feeling like the world around me wasnt real anymore. This was really terrifying for me. Then i started having panic attacks, but the weird thing is they seemed to occur more when i was alone or one on one with someone. Silence started to sound so loud :( During these panic attacks it would be like a wave would come over me and i would be totally convinced that everything and everyone i had known wasn't real, and that moment would be my realization of that. To anyone who hasn't experienced this it sounds stupid, but to actually feel like that is terrifying! Did you have this too? Im happy to see your getting better, would u recommend medication? i dont know wether to see a psych or try meds or do both? Anyway like i said, good to see your feeling better gives me hope!

i experienced the exact same thing a few weeks ago for the first time it was so scary and intense, i thought everything was set up and i was questioning life and its exsistance and feel like its going to happen again everytime im alone with nothing to concentrate on. what i do now when i feel like its going to happen is take long deep breathes and i feel much better. its reasuring hearing someone have the same expierence