I am so depressed! I'm a mother and should be focusing all my time on my child. I also work full time for an eye doctor and I'm a full time Student! I have so much on my plate right now and don't know if I can just STOP.... I always seem to put the pills before other things that should be more important. I have tried to quit so many times I can't count them. My husband will get them for me if I can't because he knows I'll be horrible to live with if he doesn't! I tell him I wanna quit and then I complain soooo much he caves and finds me something. I started taking lortab 10's about 5 years ago when my former BOSS would give them to me if I wasn't fully functional. I met my husband and he never did ANY drugs until he fell and herniated some discs in his back. He started taking his Percocet 30's and I would always whine until he gave me some!! When I got pregnant after trying 3 years I was able to stop because I already felt crappy and it wasn't so bad. I don't know if my brain knew the risks to the baby or what but the wothdrawals weren't bad. I started again after my OBGYN botched my c-section and I had to have multiple procedures done to my stomach. Now I'm back up to 30mg lortab a day and I want to quit!! I was clean all of last week and then my husbands friend brought me a perc 30 a few nights ago and some lortab 10's! So yesterday I called in and stayed "busy" and "happy" all day! This a.m. the first thing I did was head to town and buy some tab 10's. Now that I'm on them I feel even more sorry for myself! I don't know what to do it seems like a never ending process! Quit then snort quit then snort.... (yes I'm to that point where I have to crush them so I feel it quicker.... I'm such a loser!) I know I'm whining and I apologize but if I don't have some help I don't know what I'll do!

hello. im sorry to hear. theres many ways to help if you truly want to fight this dependecy...i was on hydrocodone(vics) for 3 years...2-4 a day during the week sometimes more of 7.5 or 10.0 strengths and on weekends i could go from 6 to 10 depending how "in the zone" "happy" "normal" "just content" i wanted to feel. I know the feeling...your taking percs and loritabs, its reached the point you need them just to feel normal/good, its not even about a high anymore...its just about how different the really make us feel :-) anyways, ill keep it short for now, your not alone and Ive been researching for over a year for the strength and the means to fight the withdrawls, the moods, the sickness, the entire life i was making, or rather, not making thanks to my lil white friends...there is a plant, its from indonesia, its legal...the commercial name is called Kratom...it is an herb...but it is an herb that undeniably works wonders. It is not FDA approved or researched as most herbs are...but it has been tested in Thailand and Indonesia on narcotics addicts and its has been proven to work with the opiod receptors in your brain that our pill friends do also to give us that wonderful feeling and also stop the sickness.

However, the nice little thing is the plant, is in no way an opiate like vicodin, percocet, oxycontin, heroin, morphine...some will say your trading 1 for the other but this is not an opiate, etc. as with all herbs that create effects, some do have addictive possibilities, but not like your thinking...do you get addicted to weed? maybe mentally, but physically, you dont. anything can be abused, and this is simply a natural herb that i would trust in my body after reading testimonies over a synthetic highly addicted hospital drug. these people will also tell you to go trade your hook for something like methadone or subxone...now im a naturalist for the most part...so i would never dream of resolving to methadone or subxone. No offense to anyone who does, I dont mean that whatsoever, if you go from hooked, to a program, to sucess without depedning on anything afterwards, many many congrats. Ive just seen too many nightmare stories to think its 100% smart for my personal battle.

So anyways, that brings me back to what is currently working for me and I never thought it possible. I take kratom capsules to let the withdrawls and transfer of my body adjusting pass with minimal pain horror, etc. I woke up fed up one sunday morning after an ephinay the night before and i decided i was gonna go cold turkey and try the kratom method. People do take it for recreation, so let me make that clear, you can achieve a variety of legitmate and very nice buzzes from this, ive taken more than i allowed myself to see if it was that true and yes, it mimicked a nice vicodin buzz, and when that buzz was gone, i still felt normal, no sudden, give me that back right now! like with the pills. Its highly comparable to the exact buzz your missing. Now, that in itself sounds like your trading off 1 for the other...but if your will and positive energy can be transformed into a strentgh you have every morning to simply use the kratom for a short period (1-2 months ive read for most medium-heavy opiate addicitons) and then just stop alltogether...you may have a day or 2 where you wake up slightly fatigued, but the opiate withdrawls from perc, etc...theyve been out of your system for 2 months now...all that SHOULD be left is the mental part, always pump vitamins and exercise of any kind, alot of people like to run or just walk to stay flowing, your body may be readjusting still but at this point it will be tolerable...thats just self will that friends and family can help you with along the way. everything ive read stated for "recreational purposes" the dose was 6-10 capsules...i wasnt here to get a buzz so my gameplan was to follow what i had researched and that was 3 capsules for getting that "normal/functional/even happy" feeling...i literally woke up, said not today, and started off with those 3 capsules of an plant that grows wild...i would do 3 before work and 3 after...now heres the only way i can explain the first few days of this...there were restless nights, even restless leg syndrome, there was some slight gastrointestinal irritants, alot of yawning, and some fatigue, but...all of it was mild for the most part and thanks to the kratom, while all these small lil versions of withdrawls were showing up, there was also still that feeling of "everything gonna be ok, hell, i might even feel slightly good for feeling like such c**p"...it made everything somewhat present but completely tolerable...it has worked wonders...if your serious about fighting this...i would put this on a list of options of things to look into...ill put it in how simple it also helped me out...avg a 4 pill day a habit @$5 a pill...$20 a day/$600 a month...add the upped doesed weekend for "super fun" feelings and its around $800 per month for a lil pill to control the way i start each day...now, depending on where you choose to buy, etc etc...if you ever do choose this path by the way, contact me here on this board and ill show you to a handful of the top website herbal shops carrying this item and which varaition worked best for me. ANyways, the point i was making is from $800 for a habit to $22 a week for my personal treatment...depending on how much you feel you would need you could spend $40 a week for 2 30ct capsule bottles. All in all i hope you find a true path to fight your battle, and i apologize i sounded like a commercial for a product, i just feel that because there isnt enough info mainstreamed about kratom, and the fact i found out about it and was in dire need of life changing decisions, its wokring like a charm and i personally am not a scientist or chemist but i would trust at least 1 attempt with this before trying anything more extreme. all addictions and mental approaches are different...i honestly thought id never find way to beat this short of calling my job and having no choice but to say sorry i need at least 2 weeks off starting tomorrow to get sick, detox, etc...and the idea that i couldnt find a way to beat this on my own was not an option in my mental focus. Theres alot of people here who can reach out and tell you what helped them, every scenario possible. Your far from alone. Your only alone if you choose to be. :-) I know it sounds corny but keep coming back to your post...someone finds it and will say something you needed to hear to feel better if just for 10 min of your day...its better than not feeling it at all...ill check back to see how your doing...sometimes its 1 day, sometimes its 1 hour...and at first...its gonna be 1 min at a time...stay in there and keep wanting it even when you have moments where you slip!

i forgot during my previous rambling the most preciously important thing of all...YOU ARE NOT A LOSER...and if anyone ever judges you...they judge that which they cannot understand...not until they themselves walk in similar shoes can they even comprehend whats in our minds and how we can feel from just a small span of hours without it during these stages of realization of our problem...there will always be criticism, negative feedback by those who catch wind and feel the need to empower their shitty day by thinking or saying mean things about something they will never understand...those peoples opinions should fall on deaf ears...and never...let yourself or anyone plant the idea that you are a loser...people make bad/unintentional decisions everyday that lead to all kinds of consequences...its called being human...look at your husband and your child...they love you and they need you, and its gonna have its ups and downs...but think of it this way...would you rather take a few steps forward one day at a time for the next small insignificant amounts of time we will call 2 weeks, or spend another 52 of them in mental turmoil over everything this addiction brings to the table in the long run...still, with the end result of you having to face those first 2 weeks anyways? I promise you, you will be ok...no matter what route you take...taper, cold turkey, kratom, etc...your body may become angry with you for awhile...but it is stronger than we may think...the first 48 hours will let you know how bad it is going to be...everything after that may be irritating but really is uphill...think of it this way since you seem to love your family so much...would you rather put them through say, 1month of solid hell that ends with you having your life back and your family has their mom/wife back...or prolong it and let it put you 2 steps back each day instead of 1 step forward? believe me, if i can do this...so can you...im the guy who is suppose to fail...the poster child that lacks will or need...the guy who hits rock bottom before screaming out for help...and i observed all those feelings and this image i had of my addiction...and how lost I was...and said simply...NOT TODAY...i see what i can become down the road and i did the hardest thing ive ever done...i forced the change, i challenged everything i thought I knew with just positive thinking, reminding myself that every sleepless night and every irritating feeling was to remind me why i am doing this...because the minute i go to pop a pill to stem it off for another day, that would be putting myself in position to go through wd's all over again...its not worth it no matter how many ways we try to trick ourself into justifying poppin a pill, in the end...there was a life before they came along...and that life is just waiting for a small period of transition to take place, so it can return... ;-)

WOW! I would really be willing to give the herb a try! Ur reply seems like a godsend......please let me know what the sites are. I slipped up today and got a perc 15! Now once again I feel shitty towards myself.... but I'm going to give the kratom a try once I can get it. I'll be open minded and I'm willing to give anything a try once. Thats what got me in this predicament in the first place :-( but anyways, enough moping it NO! So please give me the information on the herb and I'll hopefully get myself back to the life I used to have and want more than anything!

Hello again. Dont feel bad for slipping. Slip ups are common and not frowned. Simply put, the minute you took the perc you still felt the guilt, so you still have a large part of you that wants this to end. So...heres the information for you for Kratom. Couple of things first off...youll see various ways of buying it (raw leaf, powder, extracts, capsules, etc etc) So you arent sitting there scratching your head wondering where to start ill tell you exactly what i buy...1-powder and raw leaf appear cheaper, but then you either have to do the hassle of brewing a tea, or like most, toss n wash, which is spoonfuls of the powder followed by a drink. Trust me when i say this gets old and not worth the effort quick. Buy the capsules. They are sold in a 1 ounce form and you usually get around 30 capsules. Second, the capsules are 100x smoother going down and there is no lessening of the strength etc by choosing this route. They are simple, you can have them with you in your purse, etc. I take 3 in the morning and 3 after work. You may want to take more at first to help you still feel "normal/good" until you slowly ween yourself down. My main advice is to google "kratom" and read around. The following websites i am going to list are my personal choices that I buy from regularly, all with similar prices. I wish you all the luck I have had with these lil miracle herb capsules. Once you decide to order some and receive shipment let me know how your first day goes. You can do it! I promise if you stay positive and truley make the effort youll notice what a miracle these are. But please, do read up on it if you can. And do not use any of the sites other than what i list because there are some shady suppliers out there who sell bogus kratom or leftover batches that have lost potency. ANyways ill keep it short for now so you can research, etc, but ill check back daily to this post to see your thoughts and input. Hope they arrive soon so you can give this method a shot!

(my personal favorite, excellent customer service, fast shipping) NOTE: You want the Maeng Da Premium blend capsules in my opinion for dealing with withdrawls, etc.

(these guys are top of the line and offer free shipping and unlike the above, they do accept PAYPAL if you do not desire to use a credit card), and they ONLY deal in the capsules, again, i recommend the Maeng Da strength strain, its stronger and has been the one to work wonders for me, i have yet to slip and take a pill since using them)

I hope this helps and knowing the first website i listed, if you see this message and order before 5pm (im by chicago) you can very well see them in your mailbox by Friday, Saturday at the latest i would hope and be on track to at least giving this a real go. Please keep me updated...if i can somehow help someone get on the same path i did successfully it would be a wonderful thing to know :) Talk to you soon...!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

what about ? I dont know where to start so I guess Ill just order it and see what happens..... fingers crossed!!!

Ive heard good and bad things about thats why i chose the other 2 sites as my top 2 because ive never had a single complaint about potency but it appears the good out weighs the bad in most reports on kratomking so as long as your starting somewhere thats all that matters :)

Can you buy this stuff at stores? I have no pills or anything left and I'm about to get sick tomorrow I think. But I can't be sick tomorrow, I have things too important to do..advice, anyone?

Well I decided to order from Kratomcaps and placed the order at 8 they sent me and email this am at 2 saying it was shipped. I have so far been impressed can't wait to get this stuff in to give it a try! I tried to find some pills this evening and everyone (9 different people) were all out! Just yesterday everyone had alot apparently. Thats tells me that I'm not the only person in this very small town who has a very big problem! I think its a sign ( or at least thats how I'm going to try to use my positivite approach to this whole dt thing) from some higher power that I shouldn't waste all my resources on a tiny little fix. Thank you so much for your advice I'll keep you up to date! Oh yeah on a sour note I'm awake at 3 in the morning because I got stung in the arm by a wasp while in my sleep! GREAT! I got stujng 2 days ago coming out of a restaurant by one on the back and again a month ago on my eyelid coming out of work!!! I should take that as a sign as well that I need to focus on my surroundings! o.O But if it hadn;t of stung me I wouldn't have found out my order is shipping and read your post. So I;ll make a positive out of a negative and hope I can go back to sleep soon. I'm starting to fill some leg cramping and irritablilty..... here we go...... hurry up united states postal service! Good night! or rather Good morning!

Oh yeah for the post about finding this stuff in stores.... I've been searching I had my fingers crossed I could go to Lexington or somewhere around me and get it but apparently its a online buy only. If you or anyone who reads these posts knows where you can get it in stores please let us know!!! But you can buy the plants online so maybe thats a option if you haev a green thumb!

Hello. Glad you made the order, hope it gets there quick! Unfortunately it is still under the radar. A couple stores by me do sell it but they are "hippie stores" nothing like a grocery store, etc. Your typical incense, legal smokes, tye dye epicenter. And they are way over priced so even then I still use online retailers.

Well I'm still waiting and unfortunately I have caved again........Its only been 2 days but Im anxious..... hurry up.........

Hang in there sweetie! And dont worry about your cave-ins...happens to all of us...and its not always smart to go cold turkey anyways depending how long and how much your body is used to, alot of ppl and doctors will suggest a taper method so you dont shock your body. So if it makes you feel better, your just tiding yourself over until your Kratom arrives. Then you can focus on the recovery :-) If you were in the Chicago area I would bring you half my capsules to get you started as I decided today I was going to start the day with no Kratom as a test and so far, im a lil fatigued but other than that Im feeling 90%!! I went out to dinner with friends, laughed, had a reasonably great evening, might even crank my guitar up for the first time since I quit the hydros...

:-D Yay they came in!!!! I have only taken 2 so far I'm not sure exactly what will best for me??? Does weight affect dosage or are there any other tips for takin this stuff? Before I took the 2 I had a headache starting and not 5 minutes after I took the pills my head stopped hurting so that has to be a good sign...... But I haven't taken them since and that was almost 6 hours ago...... By the way, I really am grateful that you have helped me sooo much through this. Your advice has been great! Another positive is my dad has decided to try the kratom too. I got my addictive personality from him and he's been on lortab 10s ( Doctor prescribed) for 5 years. Today me and my daughter went to visit with my folks and I took the kratom with me, I explained what I know and he said he wanted to try it.I gave him 3 to take because he's a big guy and After 10 minutes he was playin in the yard with my toddler and he hasn't been that spunky in awhile. He didn't notice it until my mom looked at me and said "wow". He said he felt like dancin' :-) So now I have to place a order for my DAD Too! So technically u've helped both of us! Thanks for everything! Please get back to me with any advice on takin them and I don't usually say this to anyone but my weight is 130 if it makes a difference %-)

Well good morning! Welcome to a new day! So glad to hear about you and your dad! That is just awesome! I just wrote a nice reply but something glitched and it didnt post so if it ends up posted later, just laugh at the similarities lol :-) Anyways, as far as dosing goes ill do a little breakdown for you. As far as weight, etc, i am not sure how much that plays a role in amount you need. Im 32, still have solid metabolism, 5'9 and 160 pounds...pretty standard build and i take 3 per dose. I think it is more of how bad your previous addiction was...for example...a person taking 8-10 pills a day would need to probably taper down first off before starting the kratom as it would probably take more kratom than it does for you or I to fight the addiction. I tapered to a steady scale of 2 a day most days and 4 on days where i just sucked at life for a couple weeks before starting kratom. I wanted my body being used to the smallest dose of vicodin it could handle before going cold turkey to minimize WDs. So anyways, here's a breakdown of what most reports say reguarding different doses:

Recreational Use Suggests 4-10g (4-6 being the stimulant effects, 6-10 creating sedative effects)

kratomcaps are 600mg capsules/arenaethnobotanicals are 900mg. I have bottles of both. Yours are the 600mg.

I take 3 of my 900mg to start the day (2.7g total, as you can see, well below the inital 4g starting dose for recreation, and it works wonders. I have taken up to 5 at a time when the mental/physical WD combined were nagging at my essence and that amount realllly perked up my day. You may have to experiment a little to see what works best. The main focus is, only take what you need, if you took 2 as you say and felt good for several hours before feeling like the "blah" was setting in, then that is a beautiful thing! Some days you may want more to initally kick the WDs away for the day but do not up your dosage or let it become too erratic. Dont do say 3 one morning, then decide why not try 5 or 6...next thing youll know your upping your dose and defeating the purpose of its help. I try to stick to a solid regiment of 3 to start the day then 3 towards evening if necessary. You using 600mg capsules so when I take those I do 4 to start the day. Basically, find out what the minimum amount is that does the trick for you and stick to it!!!!! And PLEASE REMEMBER...the first week you will still have small ups and downs, RLS, loss of sleep, possible gastro discomfort or diharrea. I had all of those but the kratom made them more of a petty inconvenience than a true annoyance...your body still has to flush itself so you cant completely avoid minor WDs but the kratom makes it easily ignored. it was all very easily tolerable for me. The sleep loss was my only issue I had to fight because i work, so getting 4 hours of off and on sleep then going to work was a small test that first week.

All in all, for you, I suggest taking 4 capsules (2.4g with your capsule type) and see how it works, if it does, then you dont need a higher intake, if the 2 you took worked well enough then disreguard the suggested 4 i stated. Remember to take multi vitamins or any "wellness formula" you can get from a local health store thats chock full of herbs and nutrients. These work wonders. If your prone to gastro issues have some immodium on hand too. And stay active. The more we have our bodies moving the more everything pumps and flows and your body works to heal itself much faster. Also, lots of water or green tea, as these help flush and regualte your body. Once your taking only kratom and zero opiates, you hit day 7, and suddenly, your noticing your "self" is retunring. Ive had 6 spare vicodin since the day I quit just incase I wasnt able to handle it, or the kratom didnt work, and i have to tell ya, i can stare at them and feel zero desire to take any. To have the #1 cause of all my problems sitting in front me, and for once, im laughing at the pills thinking "you once controlled me, and now, your nothing to me" it is an amazing feeling!

Please keep me posted on you and your dad! I hope this turns out as good for you guys as it did for me. Let me know how your moods are, WDs, etc. Even if you fall off, keep me updated! And if you really need to talk and dont want to wait daily for replies on this board, i use AOL AIM to keep in touch with overseas friends, etc, so you can always catch me in real time if you need instant help. my screen name is: brokenorder66 and its normally always online. I hope today is a great new beginning for you and your dad! I hope to hear some updates soon!