I forgot to take my lantus last night. What do I do? Should I take it now? Should I wait until the next dose tonight? What will it do to me one way or the other? I don't take any other meds.  Thanks!

Hello Guest.... I do not recommend taking your lantus if you are going to take it tonight.  It would be too much insulin if you take it now and do another injection later.  Try to keep your carb intake as usual, eating more of the low glycemic carbs to keep blood sugar levels from spiking.  You should be ok by following these recommendations. 

Has anyone else ever forget to take their lantus at night.  Were you able to keep your sugars regulated until the next dose?

I am so glad that there are other people that are absent-minded like me and forget to take their medicine! I have forgotten my insulin on occasion and never knew what to do if I should go ahead and take it anyway or not take it. This helps me out a lot so I know that if I don't take my Lantus the night before to not take it the day after. I cut out all of the bad carbs on the day after usually, so that way I am at least getting more control over the situation by doing that. I also take a sliding scale dose of insulin twice a day so this helps catch any unruly blood sugars that may occur. ;) I hope that by losing weight that I can get off my insulin but it doesn't see too promising yet. It is really hard to lose weight when you can't cut anymore calories out of the diabetic meals. I have a bad knee so I have trouble getting in any extra exercise. Well, have a great night everyone!