I am a bit worried about my new insulin called lantus.  I started it a couple of nights ago but I don't think it is working properly. I haven't seen any difference in my blood sugars since I started it.  I don't know if I should stay on it or quit takingn it  if it isn''t working properly.  I would like to know some other things I can do to get my blood sugars down.  Are there supplements out there that are good for getting blood sugars to go down? I heard that vinegar is good for that too.  I seen where there are some things that have a bunch of herbs and stuff in it to help reggulate blood sugars.  Has anyone tried them and do they work at all?  

You really should give it more than a few nights to give the Lantus a chance. It may need to be adjusted but stay on it so that the doctor will know what therapeutic dosage to strive for. If you are documenting all of your blood sugar results, this will let the doctor know what dosage is effective for your situation. If you are still having hyperglycemia, he may need to adjust your dosage a little higher to see if it helps. Sometimes you may need to have additional insulin added to your daily regimen to help with any sugar spikes that occur during the day. For instance, if you have spikes at dinner time, he may prescribe fast-acting insulin for that time of day to take care of the hyperglycemia at that time. As far as supplements, you will want to be wary of any hypoglycemia that may occur if you take any herbs or other products for diabetes. Take it slow and see how your blood sugars react to these supplements.