I heard through an article on the internet that lantus will not be made anymore?  has anyone heard about this?

I am on lantus so what if it is going off the market? Do I go on a different insulin of some sort?  WIll it work the same as the lantus?  What are the other alternatives?  I hate starting something new and not to know hwat to expect from it. 

I have not heard of Lantus going off the market.  It is a popular insulin product and I cannot see the justification of this long acting insulin being discontinued.  I believe what you saw was misinformation about Lantus.  If you are on Lantus, you will continue to do so until your doctor feels something else needs to be ordered.  I also read that there are currently no generic forms of Lantus approve here in the U.S.  Could this be what you maybe had read instead?  It is considered a biologic medication and it cannot be made as a generic as regulations prevent other manufacturer from making it.  I am not sure if maybe this could be what you had read, but I do know that Lantus will not be pulled off the insulin market. 

Lantus being not sold anymore? That is not right. Does it have something to do with the Obamacare thing? It is just a bit weird that Lantus would be not offered as insulin anymore. I don't think it is right because many people ... gosh I know a lot of people... who take it before they go to bed. What would they do? And if there is another insulin, would it work the same? I hope that this is just a rumor like everything else on the internet. You always have to double check everything before you say anything or you end up looking like a fool