There's a painful, hard lump on the right outside part of my labia near the crease of my leg. It was there last week & then went away JUST in time for my OB/GYN appointment yesterday so it wasn't there, but now it's back again and it HURTS more then it did before. Should I be concerned??

Hey, this might be too late of a response.. but I had what you had at the beginning of October as well. When I showered one morning.. I noticed a hard lump on my left labia. I went to go get it checked out.. and turns out I had a bartholin gland cyst. I got it from my discharge during oral sex. If the bump is hard and its only on one side.. and the bump is fairly big then you most likely have what I had. If the bump is painless.. you have a bartholin gland cyst. If your bump is painful, however, you most likely have a bartholin gland abscess. You should definitely get this checked out. I had to go to the gyno to get my bump drained.

I have been having these same described symptoms for at least a year. Hard mass deep in the skin of the skin where the fold of the inner thigh meets the genital area. It comes and goes and I thought it might be a latent recurring STD or something and asked on my next well woman exam for a complete STD panel. Negative results and no symptoms at the time for the Dr. to see what I am talking about. Seems like by the time it happens, and I can get an appointment at the DR., it's gone again. I was getting kind of annoyed and worried it might be a communicable disease of some sort, and not wanting to infect my husband if he was not already, so started looking for clues myself. These Bartholin cyst descriptions seems pretty dead on. Is the reason this occurs due to some hygiene situation, clothing types, etc. that I may be able to change to alleviate it'd recurrance?

I have also just noticed a hard lump on my inner labia, the bartholin cyst describes it quite well....I'm a little worried though, it definitely is irritated after sex.

I am not sexually active yet I have the same systems. Can cysts happens without having sex??

Hi yall, I am really concerned because i have also been noticing bumps, and they come one at a time. So I know it's not herpes or anything because if it was they would come in a cluster, right? Plus, I dated this guy for like 5 months and we had sex at least 3 times a week, and he would have said something if he had been getting them too. Anyways, I have taken hot baths and I have even poped them myself, but I am still really concerned. This past year I started noticing a bump here and there, and they stay for as long as I don't do something about it, and I pop it then it goes away. Someone please help me, because I am really scared right now, and I don't want to go to the doctor to find out something bad. Someone please tell me some good news.

I have has this for a few years, my doctor explained to me its a endocrin gland that gets plugged. Basically not sweating through my pores. I get mine around the time of the month and its worse when its warm or when I wear a pad instead of tampon. My doctor wants to remove it, but its a matter of catching it before I can pop it.

I think I have this too. What worries me though, is that I recently had surgery to remove a huge cyst that was in my abdomen. Since it was attached to my fallopian tube, they had to get rid of it too. I'm worried that what's happening now might be connected to that, somehow.

Could be genital warts, they can be one or more bumps on your thighs not just on your genital area.

i have the same problem, i have a red bump on my vagina and its painful, how do i get rid of it

Yeah I have one on the left side of my vagina, it's not *right* next to my thigh though, it's about an inch to the left of the very top of the 'slit'. It showed up about the 10th Feb and is still there now. When it first showed up it was a red raised bump like a spot, I was in the shower so I kept pushing on it and eventually coaxed out some creamy white stuff like you would from a spot. I then expected it to go away, but never having had a spot on my vagina before was still a little worried so kept an eye on it. It has since stayed where it was but is much more flat, only slightly raised now, and it feels like a hard pea under the skin, which now looks like a very small purple bruise over the top of it. I have tried squeezing it a few more times since but without any success until today when I got a little out of it, but it still has not gone down any more or appear to be going any time soon.
Is this normal? What is it, and what do I do?
Thanks.

I also have 2 bumps on my right labia, and that side looks kind of enlarged, could those bumps be related to human papiloma virus.

I know it sounds kind of gross, but you can either go to the doctor and have him "drain it" (he actually cut the top open and squeezed it) or you can just do it yourself. (After the doctor drained it, it went away in a few days.)

He told me that it's more-or-less a pimple that you get down there, but it's under the skin and it doesn't have a head. You get them from getting moisture (vaginal discharge or sweat) down there and not being clean (not that you don't bathe or anything, but say, your panties weren't cleaned very well in the washer or the soap residue doesn't get washed all off all of the way when you shower).

You can take a needle and burn the tip to sterilize it and just gentle poke the skin so that you have a "path" for the stuff to come out of it.

I'm not going to lie, it's going to hurt, but you can take an ice cube and numb the area before poking it with the needle and also before you start squeezing it.

It will go away in a few days or longer, but it really depends if you get it all out or not.

Well, if it comes and goes u better get it checked with your doctor, youre not sure what it is, and if you waait around to long and it turns out to be something bad, that its too late to find a solution then, thats bad...right?

Hi grils, Im 26 i found a bump on the left side of my hair line on my vagina :'( i self-exam often and never seen anything like it, at first it was hard oval and unpainfull in a week it started to hurt at the touch then itch, i tried to pop it and nothing came out 24 hours later it filled with puss poped on it own dident hurt, im currently sexually active i stoped haveing sex with my boyfriend, i dont feel good about this, so im going to the clinic today. im no DOC but you all should get checked out too :-( im scard but im more scard of the unkown, butter then sitting around and thinking about what it could be. thank you all for your comments it has giv'en me courage :-) and face whats comeing with my head up.