Hi, i am a 21 year old female, i was diagnosed with chlamydia on may 08 but i got treated with azithromycin and doxycycline hyclate so are my husband too....now we both are chlamydia free....i have been trying to conceive for the past couple months, i have taken provera for my irregular period but after that my period is normal...and i also take clomid to induce my ovulation every month....but somehow i am not pregnant at all.....i even did a tubal blockage testing too.....my tubes are fine....so my question is that what is wrong with my body?......how can i not get pregnant?.....did the STD damage my body that bad?.....any advice is helpful...thank you!

Sadie

Hi, do you know how long you had Chlamydia for? As I also was diagnosed with Chlamydia, but unfortunately am not in a position to have a laporoscomy to see if tubes are blocked as not trying for a baby yet (I am 26, but only in a new relationship). I would pay privately if this was an option...anyone know anything about this? How did you get your tubes tested if you've only been trying recently for a baby?

I know couples that have been trying for many months to get pregnant and eventually they do, it's patience that is needed, the average time is 6-12 months, just think, you only have a small window of conception time once a month, so 2 months is not very long at all. Keep trying, the good news is there doesn't seem to be any medical reason from what you have described for you not to conceive!

Good luck xxx

Hi My husband and I were treated for Chlamydia march of 08 and we've been trying to conceive as well but nothing. though i cant get the test for my tubes yet because it hasn't been 12 months yet. It seems your pretty healthy enough to have a baby. Has your husband been checked. Chlamydia can also cause infertility in men.

:-( I got chlamydia from an unfaithful bf when I was younger. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 years now without any luck... Starting to wonder if it will ever happen....

Hi there im in similar situation had chlamydia for roughly 2 to 3 years before it was discovered i would like to get test to see if tubes
have been damaged im worried because i had it for so long was just told today id have to be referred on from my gp to get test i too
would pay to go private to find out,can anyone help me how i would go about this?Thanks

hi just want to let any one that is concerned bout getting pregnant after chlamydia that it can happen.I spent years worrying that id never be able to get pregnant but with inwks from been off pill it happened im now over 3 mths.Hope somebody will find this helpfull if there worrying bout it :-)

anonymous wrote:

hi just want to let any one that is concerned bout getting pregnant after chlamydia that it can happen.I spent years worrying that id never be able to get pregnant but with inwks from been off pill it happened im now over 3 mths.Hope somebody will find this helpfull if there worrying bout it :)

Hey i have been worrying about this a lot, how long did u have chlamydia for if u dont mind me asking. have been TTC for 3 months would be so grateful if you could write back, im trying to get advice but nobody seems to write back lol xx

Hope83 wrote:

Good luck xxx

I had the STI for 2 years I think maybe longer... but all you have to do is tell the dr you have been trying for a year and they will send you for ultra sounds to check your tubes! mine are fine after that long and this is the first month my husband and I have been free of it and We are pregnant!
Keep trying!!!!!!

Hi sam,i would have had it for over 3 years with out knowing, i got it treated with antibotics and got the all clear.I did ask my doctor bout getting tests to see if there was any damage done but to be honest she didnt seem to give a c**p.I spent years worrying bout it and was just lucky got pregnant so quick.Hope it works out for you.x :-)

Hey im 20 years old and i havent been having a regular period for a year now i only came on 2 times in that year so come 2 find out when i went 2 the doc i had chlamydia the whole time so basically i had chlamydia 4 a whole freaking year without knowing. me and my fiancee got treated in september. so now the problem is i still havent came on my period yet and its frustrating because i want 2 have a baby. im not pregnant..... im so depressed because i dont know whats wrong with me....... please write back.....with any information or advice that would help me.........

ihii am 21 i been having clamida for more than a year maybe and i tried to get pregant and doesnt happpen i was wondering can i still get pregant after so long i want to have a baby really bad is there a chance people say you cant but i want some one to let me no..let me no plz at bianca_martir@yahoo.com :-( :-( :-( :-(

hii am 21 i been having clamida for more than a year maybe and i tried to get pregant and doesnt happpen i was wondering can i still get pregant after so long i want to have a baby really bad is there a chance people say you cant but i want some one to let me no..let me no plz ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Hi, I'm 32 yrs old. I had my daughter on dec '98 but through my pregnancy i was diagnosed with chlamidia twice. I got it cured before given birth but then months later I got it again. I know it was because my ex partner was not treated for it. After that I have been std free but I suffer from major yeasts infections and bacterial infections (bacterial vaginosis). I am in the doctor at least 2 times a month. I have been trying with my husband for 6 years and not getting pregnant is our problem. I had a laparascopy and also had dye inserted to check my tubes and everything seems to be fine. My husband had his sperm test done and he is also fine. My periods are not regular at all. Tried clomide but I gained 20 lbs in a month. I would like to know if there is anything I am missing. You can send me emails to ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Thanks so much!

Hi, I was worried about the same thing. I had Chlamydia for a year. Actually all last year I had it, I got treated for it on November of 2010. And now I am pregnant this month. So, its still possible to get pregnant after having Chlamydia.

:$ I had Chlamydia for over a year b4 I knew it. That was back in 2006. it is now 2011, and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. My fiance and I REALLY wanna have a baby, and I'm starting to think that it's never gonna happen for me. It's really sad for us, cuz all my friends and family are having babies left and right. PLEASE, if anybody knows ANYTHING that can help us, lemme kow. THANX