My ex girlfriend told me that she had Chylamydia. We broke up 2 months ago and she told me that didn’t slept with anyone else since then. She said that I had to go to hospital and test too. I’m not sure that I need it, because I’ve never noticed any symptoms. Are there chylamidia symptoms in men?

Well, you can not be sure who your girlfriend slept with after you, but if she warned you on Chlamydia, you should not ignore that fact. You absolutely should go to the hospital and test. Man can have Chlamydia infection that is completely asymptomatic. Women usually have symptoms, like discharge, itching, pain in low abdomen. Chlamydia can cause severe complications if untreated, like inflammation of testicles and epidydimis. Symptoms like irritation at the end of penis can occur, but disappear within several days, and infection gets its chronic form.
It is very simple procedure for testing on Chlamydia, so do it as soon as possible.

Hi, I would definately go and get your self checked over, not everyone gets signs, i wouldn't have known if it wasn't for my partner contracting the disease and getting himself checked, so to be on the safe side i would get tested peace of mind too, as this diease can cause problems later if not treated.

I recently went to the doctor for my annual checkup and i was told i had chlamydia. I explained that i have not had sex in over a year and when i did i used condoms. my doctor told me that you can get chlamydia from sitting on a toilet seat behind someone who may have it. i have never heard of this but i was confused. i was given antibiotocs but i still wonder, why no one has ever said that chlamydia can be transmitted this way. ?

Hi Guest,

Yes i have heard this also that you can catch from the toilet but to be onest i can't see how... as if this the case then my whole familys would have it and i know they don't..Reason i know is that a few members have been tested for personel reasons. but to be onest i never sit on any public toilet or someoens toilet i don't really know.

hi, i have just found out i have chlamydia after 7 years! i am so shocked!! i had no symptoms. i had bleeding during my pregnancy so i had an internal, and i just found out i have chlaymidia, i have been with my trusted partner for 6 years and i believe i contracted it before i met him as he has always used condoms with previous partners. he has never had symptoms either. i have been given a course of antibiotics but i am really worried about the damage thats been done inside my body. we am not infertile because wem conceived no problem but it dosent stop me from worrying. my unborn baby is fine but i am really worried, can anyone let me know what damage could have been done after all this time?

Chlamydia is what's called an obligate intra-cellular parasite. In simple terms, Chlamydia NEED cells to live and reproduce - they do not live outside of cells (like on a toilet seat) UNLESS the person before right before you (within seconds) left the seat soiled with urine, blood or feces, and you just happened to sit in that body fluid. As a microbiologist, Chlamydia from a toilet seat is theoretically POSSIBLE (way less than 1% chance) but not likely at all. Historically, Chlamydia transmission has always been sexually related. Hope this helps!

i just recently found out that i had chlamydia my boyfriend and i just got treated...the problem is he gave me oral the night we took the medicine am i safe or can i get it back from him doing that?