i think i might have Chlamydia, I'm not sure I've had two sex partners who I "burnt" idk how long I've had it it can't be no more than 6 months to a year I have a boyfriend now and I'm scared to have sex with him at all because I don't want to "burn" him to I don't have any insurance to get checked out and I'm scared and over emotional because I want to have at least one child in the future ...somebody help me

Hi Changed

Chlamydia is fairly common and you need few precautions before you can resume sexual activities. Both partners, you and your partner need to be given medication. I will list some below -

There are antibiotic treatments (azithromycin and doxycycline) that are effective in treating chlamydia. Which antibiotic is prescribed is decided by a health care provider, who will take into consideration the particular needs of the patient.

Whatever treatment is prescribed, there are some important points about any treatment:

• The patient must take all medications as directed.
  • All partners should be examined and treated.
  • The infected person should not have sex until he or she and any partner or partners have been treated and cured.
  • Persons who show symptoms after treatment should be tested again by culture.
  • Infections detected after treatment with one of the recommended treatments more commonly occur because of reinfection rather than treatment failure.
  • Women should be retested three to four months after treatment because of a high rate of reinfection.
  • Because the symptoms of chlamydia are similar to the symptom of gonorrhea, and because a person can be infected with both, doctors will sometimes go ahead and treat people with chlamydia for both infections (chlamydia and gonorrhea). Remember, partners should be examined for infection and treated as well to avoid reinfection.
  • Telling a partner can be hard, but keep in mind that most people with chlamydia do not know they have it. It is important that you talk to your partner as soon as possible so she or he can get treatment. Also, it is possible to pass chlamydia back and forth, so if you get treated and your partner does not, you may become infected again.

Take care and good luck