I have a question related to alcohol. Is it safe to drink alcohol while on antibiotics? I’ve been told that there are no side effects. I just wanted to check.

I think it is best for you to refrain from alcohol while on antibiotics. If you take your antibiotic at the same with alcohol, it can possibly cause an upset stomach and other problems. The thing is that consumption of alcohol decreases the effectiveness of antibiotics and even a single drink or several drinks of alcohol can inhibit a drug's metabolism by competing with the drug for the same set of metabolizing enzymes.

The safety of drinking while on antibiotics strongly depends on the kind of antibiotics you are using. Doxycycline is less effective if you drink alcohol, as is erythromycin. Most antibiotics do not have this kind of interaction with alcohol, but drinking alcohol can make certain side effects of antibiotics, like dizziness, headaches and vomiting, worse. 

If in doubt, always consult your doctor. They'll tell you drinking heavily is always a bad idea and especially when you're already ill, but having a drink or two may be fine depending on the antibiotic you are using. Whatever they say, it's best to follow their lead.