My girlfriend noticed a small protrusion at the back of my left testicle. It's almost as if it's made of tubes or something, but it doesn't quite feel that way. It's kind of hard to explain. It seems to have the same density and hardness as my testicles.
It's near the center on the back of my left testicle.
I am 17 and my left testicle is slightly more descended than my right.

Should I get it checked? What are your opinions?

could be an epididymal cyst? get it checked out

How should I get it checked out?

have a real good check yourself, after a bath or shower is the best time.

gently push your fingers through the sac from the other side, moving the testes around, looking for abnormalities.

I found out yesterday that I have an epididymal cyst on my right testicle. It hurts from time to time, but my sac burns, and I have difficulty when urinating, in the sense that a little bit trickles, once I think I have finished. I
have no penile discharge, and it doesnt sting when urinating.

I had an ultrasound which proved it was a cyst. however I aint too impressed with the actions of the doctor. he gave me anti inflammatory and muscle relaxant doses for one week twice daily.

best get it checked, I have been like this now for 5-6 weeks, and wish I had sooner.

It just seems like it would be an incredibly awkward conversation to have with my parents. And what should I do if they just say "don't worry about it"?

who mentioned your parents? how old are you?

17

It might be a bit of an embarrassing conversation to have with your parents, but these are the same people who used to change you when you were unable to take care of yourself. A lump on your testicle is nothing compared to that! :-)

Your parents will not just brush this off. It is a lump on you. It is something that must be taken care of. If they do try to brush it off, insist that you must see a doctor because this could be serious if it is not looked at. Please let us know how things turn out.