Hey my name is mike i am 14 years old and the other day i started to experience pain in my right testicle. Then i found a small lump on the top of the testicle near wear it connects to the epidademus (excuse my spelling) The weird thing about it is I was just checked by my doctor the day before at my yearly checkup. What should I do, what is the lump?
%-)

Thanks,
Mike

No one can tell what the lump is without having looked at it. If it is painful, it could be epididymitis, which is a bacterial infection of the epididymis. It hurts badly, it causes a lump in the testicles, it also causes fever and it requires antibiotics.

Most of the other lumps that may form on top of epididymis are painless and include spermatocele, which may hurt only if it gets big enough to be irritated by clothing. Spermatocele is a hard lump on epididymis, which contains old sperm.

It could also be varicocele, backed up blood in the spermatic cord.

However, you seem young for all of these appearances except for the infection. Anyone can get an infection.

It could be hernia if the lump appeared during lifting something hard. If you can push the lump back in the body, then it could be hernia.

Anyway, this is just me making wild guesses, if you continue to experience the problem, see the doc again.

I have a simular problem and my doctor can not figure it out. If anyone has advise please help. Thanks!

I am 72 years old and my Right testicle has swelled up and I recently found a 3/8 lump on right side. The lump is very tender and it is very painful. I have unbearable pain in my groin and scrotum. The pain continues to be felt going up and around my back (near my kidney). It continues to hurt with an aching pain that runs down my right leg just below my knee.

I sometimes have problems Urinating and it can also be very painful to pee.

I had this same problem 5 years ago. My urologist had me take 1 Flomax pill each day and it did not help. He then prescribed a bright purple pill that also did not help. I finally was put in the hospital and was feed me medicine by IV. After 4 days in the hospital the swelling went down and everything was normal again. The doctor told me to take Prosar and – Decreases the size of the prostate) Takes a Flomax – Helps your pee flow

For the last 5 years I have been taking 1 Proscar pill and 1 Flomax pill day. I have had a hard time peeing.

Recently I have been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The doctor said they caught it early and treated me with 28 Radiations Treatment and then followed up with 2 Needle implant treatments where they inserted 18 needles below my scrotum and they pumped radiation through it. I just finished up with the needle treatments and that was when my swelling began.

My doctor wanted me to wait to see if the swelling would go down and told me to wait a week. The swelling did not go down and I asked him to put me in the hospital to feed medicine by IV. I was hoping this would help. The IV has been feeding me medicine the past 5 days and that has not helped. The pain is unbearable and I am ready to loose a Testicle if needed.

Please help provide some alternative solutions or advise so I maybe able to discuss this with my doctor. We are both at a loss and do not what to do next.

Hey my name is Chace. Mike, I am 14 years old too. At the beginning of this age my right testicle began to experience a lot of pain and sensitivity....badly. Then that went away. Then a bump appeared like two weeks ago on the top of my right testicle. I am freaked out! I have heard that cancer from the testicle carries those symptoms. then I hear all of these other things...I mean different cases. But I am confused. Is there anyway to know without seeing a doctor or what? Please let me know soon.
-------------Chace

i have a similar issue. i am 15 and the other day i found a soft lump above my right testicle. sometimes it can be difficult to find and almost seems to not be attached to the actual testicle. if i squeeze it it feels just like squeezing the testicle or like getting bagged(taking a hit to the testicles). it is painful in that it aches from time to time and now it seems to aches constanlty and i have gotten used to it.

plz help me, i would rather not see a urologist unless i need to.

Hi, Im nineteen and around since i was forteen ive had this lump about the size of a small marble on the top of my right testicle, I also have bad knees but particulary my right knee and leg have an uneasy feeling. Im really scared because Ive had this for soo long. It hasnt gotten bigger but it is tender and only noticible when out of a warm shower. Please someone help me, Im scared to go to my doctor and find something out.

I suggest you go to your doctor. I know how scary something like that can be, first hand. But the fear will not go away until it's check out. :\

i am 19 and i just found out that a large, near testicle size lump near my left testicle is a verecuse sac. (not sure on the spelling) its natural and basicly feels like a testicle. its been there for as long as i can remember. this is OK

today i round a large hard lump that hurts really bad on my right testicle. I saw that many people are having these problems so i decided to schedule an ultrasound for monday. I'll bookmark this site and return then with my diagnosis.

also, to check for testicle cancer, get out a flashlight. Testicles are fluid based and cancer is a solid. YOu should be able to shine the light thought your scrotum and any dark spots will show up. also, your testicles should be symetrycal. So if you find an outgrowth on one, and it son the other, dont worry (unless it shows black in the flashlight test)

Hey Im 18 and recently found a small lump on the bottom of my right testicle,resulting in groin pain and upper hip area pain/discomfort.It sometimes goes away then comes back?? Im a real hipocondriac and am freaking out!! Ive done research and found some good reports but want a reply of my own. CAN SOMEONE ANYONE HELP ME

Fellas, don't mess around with these kind of issues. The embarrasment needs to be put on the back burner while you all go get yourselves examined by a physician. Any pain, discomfort, masses or growths should be checked out immediately. It could save your lives and even more, give you peace of mind knowing what the problem is, if any. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health and these kind of things can beat up on your psychie as well. If your worried about the size of your manhood or your balls.........well get over it. I'd rather have a small penis and be alive than have a big one and be dead! Doctors see it all guys so you need to get past that hesitation stage and get checked out. It's ok to find out bad news, you just need to move on and deal with the next step if thats the case. Sitting in your room, freaking out, writting blogs on the computer, losing sleep, crying when your alone, are only going to make things worse mentally and physically. So talk to your parents or someone you really trust and make an apointment to see your doctor, IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Ye guys, im 16 and have a similar problem. but pain spread from teste to teste over a couple of days, had fever. f**k being embarrassed. I'd rather be embarrassed than potentially have my life and future at threat. The day i felt pain, i left it, second day, straight to A & E. Bump was too hard to find and was ignored. Left it like 3 days. straight to my GP again, he said its fine, started having fever etc, 3-5 days go by, straight to another doctor but that was about the fever. They don't know about the lump but they've examined it and haven't found anything peculiar. And guess what, most the pain has gone but i'm still weary that the lump is still there. only like 1mm thick but i don't care. I'm going straight back down and tell them straight,

"I feel a lump of about 1mm on the back of my right testicle, i seen a doctor a few days ago from here, he examined my nuts in person about the pain but not the lump. I'm too young to be taking ANY risks." Trow will come straight down if he asks. Who cares what some doctors think, its all confidential. In fact i was laughing with my GP as i described how i injured my testicles. Don't worry guys. Some people won't tell there parents. I made my parents take me. Its something you have to check out.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

afterwards, you'll be glad you got it checked out. No matter what the conclusion.

I have the same problem as mike, its on the top but it doesn't hurt, its just there. I am wondering if its cancer because i am really afraid of that thing, its just a small lump on the right testicle i want to tell my parents but i cant!

There could be several lumps....the epididmis being inflammated, a cyst, or a tumor! so do your selves a favor and go to a doctor. You might regret it one day.

hi, im kane, iv been experiencing a sheering pain at the top of my right testicle. with the lump my right testicle is about twice the size of my left testicle, iv looked up on alot of illnesses with the symptoms i have and i still dont know which one i have, but the problem is i have moved away from where i was origionally living in the north east of england to the midlands i dont have a doctor where i live, and i cant apply for one since im unsure if i will be moving back to the north east any time soon. is there anyone i can see without having a doctor? iv had the lump for about a year now and its not getting any better.
please help :-)

Basically go and see you doctor, they'll check everything and you will be a lot more assured. If something more serious is the problem they they can treat it,