i have been picking at scabs since I was very young.  I have a lot of scars from bug bites that I picked at.  Now I am picking at my feet and my hand. I know it is from anxisity(sp).  I don't know why I am doing this. 

Hi there

Picking is a recurring habit which is classified as one of the "Obsessive Compulsive Disorders" - there are medications available, but I suggest that you distract your mind - all because these medicines are habit forming themselves. Also apply some lotion or cream to these itchy parts on the body. Gradually you can grow out of this habit. Good luck

Thank you for replying. I am using a lotion which is helping. I finally spoke to my husband about all of my reasons for picking. He is very understanding and seems to be helping. when I have flare ups I talk to him. It seems to help.