This has been an ongoing problem for a long time. I would really like to know if anybody knows if this is due to dry skin or some other reason. I don't have this problem on my face but some break outs on my back and shoulders.

I don't know the cause but I have the same problem and am also wondering what it could be from and how to fix it

I really wish some one out there would reply with something that would help this matter. I have the same problem. And its so hard to get rid of it. If I try and get the white heads out, they leave scars, and it just feels really gross. :'( its messing up my sex life and my self confidence. Some one PLEASE help! !

I went to the doctors about this 2 years ago. Also suffering from the same symtoms. What's causing it is your body over producing too much sebum inside of the pores. The first time they gave me an antibiotic substance to externally rub onto the areas causing trouble. This didn't work so well as it was hard to reach the problem areas on my back. The second time around I was given a strong course of antibiotics over a period of 6 weeks. Which helped to clear up the skin, which has overall cut down the amount of black heads immensly even 12 months later.

My doctor also told me that squeezing the sebum out of the pores is definetly not advised, and this causing infection to spread and will make the situation worse.

i am only 19 yrs old and i suffer the same thing blackheads on my breast. i really though that i was the only one who had this so it made me feel so gross. i really made me depressed and sad. i feel so emberass about it that i havent even told my mom................ i cant have sex with my boyfriend , unless is in the dark. but after i read one of the responses i am going to go see a doctor about it.

I too have dealt with this exact same issue for several years. I am 24 years old and have been on accutane in the past which cleared my facial acne but never my chest acne [completely]. No matter how clean Ive kept my skin, the deep pores in my chest and breasts manage to remain clogged. There is also a fair amount of scarring where I've had my weak moments and picked at the darn things. Here are my recommendations:

1) Don't pick! I know it's hard. But it exacerbates the pore and the redness left behind makes it look even worse. If the blackhead is raised, I recommend using a sterilized blackhead tool, and even then, GENTLY.

2)Visit a dermatologist. In cases of persistent acne, the professionals will be able to tell you that acne and pore related symptoms are GENETIC. I am currently on a regime of Finacea (sp?), Differin, antibiotics, and a benzoyl peroxide wash. Follow the you are prescribed regime exactly (if you experience an irritation, stop using the products immediately and inform your doctor). By irritation, I mean a rash; if you experience worsening breakouts, continue using the products. Skin conditions can seem to worsen before they improve; skin refreshes itself every two weeks. Quite literally, whatever you did to your skin two weeks ago from today will come to the surface. Bacteria and irritated cells are making their way to the surface, while the antibiotics are to combat internal bacteria. If you're female, and are prescribed antibiotics, remember to eat yogurt (or find yourself with an irritation yeast infection).

3) Treatments for clearing acne take time to be effective. 3-6 months of continued treatment is usually necessary to see "what you're left with" as my doctor put it. Pore size, as I said, is genetic. Wonderful things have been done with laser technology. Currently, for girls my age, the best laser treament option is Cutera: Laser genesis. With a couple (unfortunately costly) treaments, pore size can be dramatically diminished and a healthy, creamy glow achieved. I hope to have this procedure started later this year. I am tired of always wearing makeup on my chest, worry about wearing a bathing, or even being seen in my birthday suit! Patience and self control are necessary. Unfortunately, this kind of condition is a hand some of us were dealt with at birth, but my self confidence is well worth the price of the laser genesis. Best of luck to everyone!

I am 14 years old and only started my period qbout 6 months ago (I think) I am a tiny 32A in breast size, as i was showereing I noticed I had 1 or 2 blackheads on my breasts and decided to squeeze them I later read all your posts and got wondereing if i was wrong to squeeze them as it might infect. But reading how everyone has LOADS more problems than me has helped me understand stuff aswell, if that makes any sense 8-| so yeah bye :-)

I am 24 years old and thin for my age. i am experiencing pain under my right breast where i spotted a small lump with black head. my sister told me when she saw it that it is a blackhead. im scared because it's a bit painful when touched and the skin near the blackhead is also a little bit painful. what's happening? i don't know what to do to relieve the pain and also to remove the blackhead. i really want this blackhead to be removed. Is there any cream that i can put that won't make any changes in my normal breast tissues? Is there any pimple cream that you know? and Is there any cream that is not good to apply near breast? please let me know.

i am a 19 year old girl,and i have the exact same problem,and have for years. i have not talked about it to anyone, and have always felt so self conscious and wierd,and secretly worried if anything is seriously wrong,yet been too scared and embarrased to go to the doctors. and now oi have read that other people suffer form this i am so relieved i am not the only one,and feel a lot more positive about getting it sorted now! thank you.

Yeah im 19 and its has happened to me and alot of other friends that i know.. The way i treat it is by using simply products! They cheap and effective. Theres nothing really a doctor can do but give you creams and trust me ive tried them all.. Best thing to do is exfoliate everyday, drink alot more water and do not wear tight clothing or bras while lounging or sleeping! :-D

I have the same problem and was wondering if any of you use or have used Dial antibacterial soap. The reason I ask is that I noticed that when I started using Dial soap I started having this problem and just recently was doing some research on antibacterial soap and read about how much harm that can cause. I would really appreciated any feedback.

I also have had this problem however after using (yes I know it's a little weird) antibacterial cream such as Savlon or Germalene or any pharmaceutical, the problem reduced dramatically. This also helped with my occasional breakouts as it brings down inflammation and redness. Antibacterial cream is used to prevent and draw out infection. Antibacterial cream contains an antiseptic substance designed to remove bacteria, therefore it should also take care of any infections present.

For those of you that don't know, you can find antibacterial cream at your local pharmacy and to use, simply apply a thin layer to the affected area. You can put a bandage over top if you wish. Check the instructions on the product packaging to find out how often to reapply the product. But please check the label if you have any doubts :-)

I know this is a reeeaalllyy simple remedy and it may not work for a majority of people, therefore I would advise going to see a doctor to seek any professional opinions and help. However due to the fact that it has helped me, it could also help everyone here.

Best of luck

I was just searching to try to find out what may have caused the blackheads for me, I haven't had them long and after reading your post, I'm almost 100% sure it was right around the time I was out of body wash and starting using Dial anti-bacterial soap to wash with. I have quit using it for a while now but still have the blackheads and can't seem to get rid of them. I exfolliate pretty often and I do pick at them some but don't want to be scarred anyone have any other suggestions on how to get rid of them?

I am so glad to have found this thread, i am a sixteen year old girl, and it is comforting to know that i am not the only one with this problem.
Does anyone know of a way to get rid of/fade the scars left behind by blackheads which i've dealt with?

I have the same problem, I am a 20 year old girl, that has dealt with this since I was maybe 14 or 15, I have no clue why I have the black heads, I have so many scars now from them plus from the acne I get on my breasts.....it's so embarrassing, I hate HATE wearing bathing suits that show my breasts....I really wish this would go away!!
I want to be able to say that I actually look good, and not ugly...:-(