Okay, so since December I have been randomly getting boils/abscesses on my body. First it was on my right side and only one. Then a giant cluster of 8 on my right side and hip area which have left gross scars. I also had one on the side of my arm near my armpit but like, 5 inches lower. Now i have one on my right leg right about my heal. It FINALLY decided to come to a head 6 days after soaking it with almost boiling water EVERYDAY at least 4 times. I have gone to the doctor twice for this. They keep doing the same thing, check for MRSA then cover it up and shush me away. The MRSA tests always came up negative. I wish they would run other tests but they say "oh, there is nothing we can do." And they just put me on Amoxicilin that usually takes 2 weeks to work. I think they are an allergic reaction to bug bites, cause i get bit by misquitos and the bite turns into an infection, i told them this and they say "A bug bite would not do this!" These things are embarrassing and make me feel disgusting. I read that these might be brought on by diabetes, it runs in my family, but i do not have it. Could it be a sign i am getting diabetes?

Please help!

Megan

Could it possibly be shingles? Can you do an online search for shingles and see if the description matches it?
Can you go to a different doctor?

what you are getting are abscess infections, they could be from staph
infections. i have also been getting them actually and am very upset
i have been prescribed a cream called mupirocin 2%
it has worked to make the infection go away faster but still leaves a
terrible scar
to make the boli/abscess burst you can apply warm compresses

but to make these terrible gross infections go away permenantaly
i do not know i am planning to research some herbal all natural methods
good luck and hope i've helped somewhat

Research Morgellons. I would try changing my diet (go super healthy, see if it makes a difference), detergents/soaps or check your immediate environment for irritants (pets/mites).

I have the same problem . I've been getting abscesses for over five years and have been tested for everything from MRSA to HIV to diabetes and no explanation besides being pron. I think it has something to do with my skin and immune system. I generally get them more often from tiny zits but haven't found the underlying issue and doctors seem to want to treat the problem not find the root. Whenever I see even the feeling I'm going to get one, based on the way they look and feel, I immediately start applying Tea Tree essential oil and do hotcompresses, as hot as I can bear. I do those at least three to five times aday if I can and they generallycome to a head faster more natural and do not become as big or nearly ad painful if I wait for a doctor to lance it and give me an antibiotic that will kill everything that's bad and good. It is deeply frustrating and even down right depressing at times, I've also got scars all over my lower half. Bassically all I can do is start eliminating things and trying others to find what works. I've discovered my method of treating is extremely helpful, now I'm trying an acne body-wash even tho I've never had an acne problem, and a healthier diet and positive thought. Blessings to you.

the above was posted by me, I just joined so I can keep up on things :)

Try googling HS (Hidradenitis suppurativa).

This happens to me sometimes, when I am really tired, not getting enough rest and generally feeling exhausted. In addition, when I am not eating properly, example eating over processed foods and not eating a balanced healthy diet, this alone and/or combined with fatigue, precipitates the problem. I did not take any medication but switched to better and healthier diet and took time to rest and relax, subsequently, the boils were gone and Thank God, leaving no scars at all. Please try a healthier diet and plenty of rest; it worked for me so it could work for you. Good luck.  

Hi, thanks for the comments,when i read your comments,i feel scared that the boils is going to be like yours because i had it on my right elbow now on my armpit. i have been to the GP, I was given   Amoxicilin and did couple of blood test today. I was told by my GP it could be a sign of diabetes .
I would like to know how you get rid of these boils because it's affecting my health.

I had it on my left knee about 15 years ago. I wen to Hospital and the nurse put a tube inside my knee. I was so painful. 2years ago i had on my left biceps and on my face but i tried an Herbal drink "Safi" i disappeared and now started again n my right elbow then on my right armpit, i went to the GP,Amoxcillin being prescribed and blood test was done this morning to check if i got diabetes or not. It's really painful and i give up everything coz of this boils. 

I wish I can get to the root of this issue as well, my 2 children get abcesses constantly and I am getting tired of them, my youngest hasn't been hospitalized but my oldest has twice for abcesses on his face from a small pimple or cut, when he gets them they cause his face to swell he gets MRSA everytime and is hospitalized for 5 days. Wish there was something the doctors can tell me besides I Don't Know.

I just recently started getting them, about 2 months ago, and I feel for everyones pain. I've only had 3 but they're very painful. Have one on my chest now and it hurts so much if anything touches it. I think im getting them from a poor diet and hopefully not diabetic. I've been on pain killers for over a year and they destroy your appetite so I go days without eating. Went to the dr yesterday and got anti biotics so I'll keep you posted.

I get them all the time myself.  I have done my own research.  Not by reading but by observing my own body.  I get them because of a high flucuation of my hormones.  The ONLY time I am boil free is when I am taking a  progestin type birth control.  I would suggest seeing an endocronologist and have your hormones checked out.  I've been getting them since I was 17 years old.  I am now 31 and just figured this theory out.  I was also getting a run around from my doctors.  But now knowledge is power.

I've been getting these for two years. It started on my legs and instead of leaving scars on my legs they end up looking like brown moles. I got a big one on my side that festered and burst twice, now that one still has a tiny pimple and is light brown. I also broke out in like a heat rash all over my back and my arms but it went away with the exception of my elbows and it's dry. I've been tested for everything (all tests were negative) and my doctor and myself have come to the conclusion that it's probably stress. I also wonder if it could be tied to my Hypothyroidism because it makes my skin dry. I wish I had the answeres for all of us but just wanted to share my story.

i know the article is old but this is for the people who are reading this now... i read that aloe vera is good for scars..am gonna try it too