Lately, I've been getting what looks like cysts on my forehead. A kind of bumps is forming under the skin, which start to form usually a week before my period. Like huge pimples but they don't "pop" and I can’t squeeze them. If I try to touch them it’s very painful, because they’re inaccessible under the skin. Unfortunately, I’m getting new ones all the time, and old cysts leave me scars to remember them. How shall I treat them? I need help!

Hi, I have the same problem. My cysts are more liquid, also movable, and extremely painful to touch. They have been size, and mostly are forming groups; they “prefer” forehead, chin and area around nose. I’ve been to dermatologist and was given an antiseptic lotion to clear my face (Hibiclens). My skin is usually untidy and greasy and keeps giving me trouble. I use powder for pimples to dry them up, this can give some result. I used to apply some antibiotic creams, retinols,corticosteroids... No acne treatment has made any progress, by now, but I’m not losing faith. What I dislike the most are the scars and spots, which are left on my face after the cysts go away. I intend to try treatment with some oxygen preparations, to see if it can stop the cysts.

I had the same experiences.. Here's what worked for me to get rid of the hard pimples under the skin.. 3 glasses of water 4 times a day minimum.. wash hands often leaving the soap on them for a minimum of 1 minute.. wash face with ivory soap at least twice a day, leaving the soap on my face for a minimum of 1 minute (should leave it on for 2 minutes)..

I would have expected my face to dry out .. but no.. the forehead pimples are gone and have been for over 10 months..

yeah i just got the same thing it is horrible i got it over night and i am 13 so i have never really gotten anything this bad before i am so embaressed to got out in public it is huge i am talking dime size or bigger it is really red and i have tried to pop it but nope there is no head now i have learn that i should have never tried popping it i have heard that toothpaste helps it because it drys it up and i have tried visine.... yes the eye drops on it to help the redness to go away and if you want to try it only do it on skin that is not broken it works kind of fast  but for me being impateint not fast enough  any suggestions????

hi i am leanne and i have a massive cyst on my forhead whats been the like years and i get bullied like people callingg me a unicorn with that thing on the forhead
:'( and i keep asking my mum to get it removed they can remove it lucky 
and it gives u headach and i am 15 so its been there  4 yrs 

unicorns are beautiful

Had the exact same thing when I was your age. It was really hard and the bullying was harder. I'm so sorry for you. I know how you feel.

Unfortunately, the only thing that got rid of it was surgery. It cost $300 and left a scar. I hope by now you are able to convince your mom otherwise. Tell her the bullying is really hurting you. It was worth the money, and my parents agreed. Tell your mom it is making you depressed, it is affecting your schoolwork and social life (it did for me). Seeing a counsellor might not be a bad idea either.

But I am thankful for the experience. I am now older and I think it has made me a better person. I am less shallow, and more sympathetic to others, and nicer to others. I used prescription cream from a dermatologist to keep the cysts from coming back.

I'm in college now and have really nice skin. College is really fun, and high school is just a blur :) it's really not that important. Don't let the bullies get to you, as hard as it may seem. They don't matter, and all of my bullies are worse off than me!

ALSO if you can't afford prescriptions, lemon juice works amazingly well for clearing up acne and scars!

Squeeze the juice from a small wedge and apply it all over your face with a cotton pad. It burns, but it works! Don't get it in your eyes.

Having acne in high school isn't the end of the world, even though it may seem that way from where you are. Your skin will get better! Mine did. And I was pretty much exactly like you.

Leanne,
Don't worry about people calling you names, sooner or later people will realize how cruel they have been.
I am experiencing a skin issue at the age of 30 and the following has been ghelping quite a lot.

1. Apply warm water with a clean cloth
2. Have it covered with a band aid, at all times in case it erupts. (have always handy a kit with rubbing alcohol, q tips, band aids and small soap s, if anything happens, you are prepared) Also this will show anyone around you how smart you are. Ultimately no one messes with a smart person
3. See a doctor ASAP.
I hope this helps

As soon as your feel one coming on, ice it all day. Sometimes you can stop it in its tracks. If it doesn't then put rice in a sock and heat it in the microwave. Use this as a heat compress at night. It should bring the cyst to a head.

I have had cystic Acne for about 2 years now off and on.  I find all sorts of things can cause flare ups, which I know is awful news.  I find stress a huge trigger and also my period can sometimes cause it too.  My dad actually used to have it too when he was a teenager (I am 19 now), but he suggested surgical soap.  I know this seems weird, to get it you have to go to your local pharm. and order it in.  It is a pump system and is bright orange.  I generally use it every second day and when a flare up occurs morning and evening.  I have found in conjunction with ice and advil it decreases the length and pain of the cyst.   

Tea tree oil is a great extractor. Use a cotton swab with little tea tree oil and apply directly on cyst