Hello! I am Ann and I am forty. I started to have problems with increased blood sugar last year. Since my grandmother was a diabetic my doctor told me I should have my blood sugar examine more often. He prescribed some medicines which should decrease my blood sugar and he also sent me to check my eyes. Although I didn’t have any symptoms at all the tests showed increased ocular hypertension. Will this damage my eyes and which medicines do I need?

Hello! It is common that you don’t have any symptoms since there are no outwards signs for ocular hypertension. It is measured at eye exam and compared to normal levels. If you have family history of ocular hypertension, glaucoma or diabetes the risk of ocular hypertension is increased. Certain medicines or injuries can also cause increased ocular hypertension. Eye doctors usually prescribe eye drops which will help in lowering your ocular hypertension. Some doctors avoid prescribing them because of side effects and they wait and they choose to monitor your eyes. If you show signs of glaucoma then they take action.