Hello! My sister suffers from myopia and she wears glasses. She is seventeen at the moment. Our grandmother wears bifocals and my sister thinks she will wear them later as well. Her eye doctor told her it was perfectly normal that her myopia increased a little each year and that he expected to stabilize in a year or two. Do you end up bifocals when suffering from myopia?

Hello! It is known that myopia sometimes rapidly increases during the time of intensive growth. There is no way to change of prevent the increase of myopia once it is started. You sister is only correcting her vision with glasses. Myopia is not a disease, and a nearsighted eye is usually normal and healthy. People who suffer from myopia sometimes wear bifocals after age of 40. This is so since people after 40 often develop presbyopia which is an inability to focus on near object. I think your sister has much time till her forty, hasn’t she?