Hello! My ophthalmologist discovered my high eye pressure six months ago. He didn’t prescribe any medicines at that time. He told me we should wait and see how the situation would develop. Last time he said I have glaucoma and prescribed eye drops which should decrease my eye pressure and prevent further damage. Should I work on a computer if I suffer from glaucoma?

Hello! I have read some scientific articles which stated that there were no scientific proofs which directly connected computer work with glaucoma. Also, I have read some researches conducted by Japanese scientists who stated that persons who sat in front of a computer for more than eight hours a day were twice as likely to have glaucoma as those who were light or medium users. The truth is somewhere in between. You should not spend too much time in front of the computer and while working you have to make pauses. Don’t forget to blink! People who stare at terminals forget to blink which dries their eyes and lead to blurred vision and headaches.