Hello! My baby is born with glaucoma. I don’t know what could cause this. I remember my grandfather had glaucoma but I thought only old people could be affected by this disease. We noticed our baby was extremely sensitive to light and he had lot of tearing. My husband thought it was kind of eye infection but when our doctor said it was glaucoma we couldn’t believe it. The doctor recommends a surgery. What could happen?

Hello! Glaucoma in infants usually appears soon after birth. Eye pressure is elevated at birth or it usually starts to climb within the first months of life. The cause is genetic and if left untreated it may lead to blindness. The symptoms you noticed are the usual symptoms in children with glaucoma. It can also happen that infants have big eyes or one eye bigger then the other. Sometimes the cornea may be cloudy and it can affect one of both eyes. If your doctor recommends a surgery you should not worry since the procedure has shown high success rate.

Hi there, I know this reply is a little late but hopefully it can help. I was born with glaucoma (currently I am 23 years old). I had an operation when I was a baby and for a few years I wore a patch to try to make the bad eye stronger. Now I have no need for any glasses but technically my good eye is doing all the work. The eye that had glaucoma is very weak and has a blind spot in the center. I can vaguely see through it but no real details. If something did happen to my good eye though I would be registered partially or even legally blind.
As I said before though, I have no need for glasses and both my eyes have a pressure reading that are under average.
My advice for you would be to have your child wear a patch and to look after the remaining good eye with alot of care.

Hello can be help me same problem with me my baby is glaucoma born doctor is say test for eua. Can be please advised me where you teritment of glaucoma