Hello, I am 43 years old and I would like to ask you something about possible relation between vaginal problems and diabetes. Could those two be connected? Diabetes is something I have been dealing with for two years now but I never had vaginal problems so far. Can you help me here?

When you say vaginal problem, I assume that you are talking about some infection. And yes those two are related. Main symptom of diabetes, increased sugar level in blood can cause increase of ph value in the organism (lesser acidity) and that means that infections (including vaginal ones) might happen more easily.

If you are worried about this you should consult your doctor. Vaginal infections are very common and they usually aren’t that dangerous but they can be very boring and it can take some time to get rid of them. Since you are dealing with diabetes I presume that you have completely changed your lifestyle and that you are not very happy because of it and that the last thing you want is to consult your doctor about this matter as well. But it is best to try to coordinate with these two problems and to make some healthy and good choices regarding this.

You will probably get some antibiotics to treat vaginal infection but this depends on the type of the infection.