I am 41 years old and had been strong vodka follower all my life. However about a year and half ago I commenced drinking whisky , one amongst the best - Chivas Regal 12 years. I used to have drinks over the weekend and some times twice a week about 2 pegs of 60 ml each. After about 6 months, I started showing first signs of weakness. My sugar levels started rising tremendously. Between 150 and 200 levels. My B 12 dropped from 650 to a low of 200 and eventually to less than 50. Finally, I started developing an acute pain at the lower back end of my spine. the pain was so horrible, that I had to be on bed for two days with heavy dosage of medicines. After consulting various doctors, it was presumed that whisky drinkers are at a higher risk of developing diabetes than non-whisky drinkers. Several cases had been brought to light whereby young people commenced experiencing either rise in sugar levels or severe back pain problems. I don't know what to presume of this except that I have been advised to drink only 1 peg every fortnight..... That too no whisky. People who have gone through such difficult times could shed some light........

Cant believe I replying to this but here goes. I've been drinking whisky for a number of years and I think the link between whisky drinkers and diabetes is poppycock! We all know that alcohol is not good for us (unless in moderation)