I am a 29 year old woman that has noticed some changes in my vaginal area. I have yeast and bacterial infections on and off, nothing to extreme. I lead a healthy sex life with my husband of 10 years and take pretty good care of myself. About a month and a half ago, I noticed my clitoris was inflamed and sore. A day later, i was showering and noticed that I had 3 small white dots, with one of them peeling and looking more like Florida. I also noticed a bit of a yeast infection as well. I went to the hospital and the doctor said it didn't look like Herpes and gave me a Diflucan as he thought it was fungal related or a chemical burn from soap. It went away and my clit healed up until today when I noticed the peeling and soreness again. I am also convinced I have a yeast infection. I am currently on my period. Is it normal to get ulcers and peeling of the clit with a yeast infection? This is the second time I have experienced this and it's freaking me out...

Well there would be one heck of a conversation IF it was herpes wouldn't there!!!! o.O ;-) Anyway YES yeast infections OR Vaginitis can cause all the problems with your clitoris and your vulva, labia etc. So what I would like you to do is this! Get a 7 day pack of yeast infection suppositories! Use them ALL up! In the mean time, have your husband use a condom - because there are reports that a man and wife can keep giving the infeciton back to each other - some don't believe this - but I do because it makes sense!

NEVER douche! Don't use anything scented - detergent, fabric softener, soap, perfume, down there! Was with anibacterial soap, or gentle non soap washes like Spectrogel etc. Then keep the area dry and clean! Use cotton underwear, and don't wear anything tight!! This will keep causing it to come back over and over again!

At the same time, make sure you take Yogurt with Probiotics, or Acidopholus pills! this will help your body fight off the Chlymidia!

Good luck and health! From now on, try and get you husband used to using a condom! Unprotected sex can bring back Yeast infections over and over again!

Hi there, I agree with what Bambi27 posted except I would say that maybe it would be a good idea to abstain just to keep from giving the infection to your husband. You can use a condom, but it might be good to lay off in the meantime. What do you think?

Hello my name is Esmeralda and I'm 18 the only thing that I have noticed is that my clitoris has been peeling and it hurts a bit is that bad or I shouldn't worry

Health Guru
Hi Esmeralda, when you say it hurts what sort of pain, is it a burning pain a constant stabbing pain or what and does it look red and sore or swollen around it?

It's sore like just when you touch it and I don't think it's swollen it did burn but just for a lil and it's not red but it is a dark pink

Health Guru
Is that a different colour to what it normally is?

No not really it's mostly the skin that's peeling and the soreness

Health Guru
By what you say your symptoms are and not being able to see it could be several different things.
How long has it been like this?

Hi I'm having the same problem as Esmeralda and for me it's been like this for about a month and is seeming to get worse. I thought it was just from friction, so I put neosporin on it, but it didn't get better. It's peeling along the left side and I can only see it when I pull the skin back. It seems to be slowly spreading around to the right side. I've abstained from sex for the last week. Every time I go to the bathroom, I have to remove white stuff from the area (although it hurts when I do this). I changed back to my regular toilet paper 2 days ago, thinking the new one might have been the cause. I will let you know if there is any change. Any other details you need?

Health Guru
Is it the side of your labia or the side of your clitoris that's like it?

You have to see a doctor as soon as possible. To confirm diagnosis, a gynecologist may scrape a number of cells from the wall of the vagina for microscopic examination. The doctor may also perform a biopsy, taking a sample of any sore, growth, or otherwise abnormal looking area along the vaginal lining that is observed during a routine examination. 

The side of the clitoris. It's along the seam between clitoris and foreskin

Health Guru
Is there any irritation, redness or swelling around the area?

No problems in the surrounding area or anywhere else. It just looks like my clitoris has been scratched by a cheese grater. But it only hurts when I try to clean the area.