I was reading about possible benefits that biotin can offer. it seems that somehow this supplement can be a good substitute for the magic wand because it can help in so many different problems. but I have to say that I was a little bit surprised when I read that biotin can help in controlling diabetes and blood glucose levels. I want to believe that this is true since I do have problems with it, but I don't dare to take it right now, without knowing more facts about this. So, biotin for my issue - yes or no? I would like to hear what you think about this. Tnx! 

You should not play along with it, taking some supplements on your own hand. It can be dangerous. Consulting with the doctor should be your first option. For sure, I do know that Biotin is a supplement of particular interest for diabetics since it plays a huge role in regulating blood sugar levels, but sure, you should know that, although it may not directly interact with problem areas, biotin supports the whole process. I also have heard that biotin used along with chromium, might lower the blood sugar in people who are dealing with diabetes, but consult your doctor before you start to take it. Please! 

Hi.  I would not experiment if I were you, not alone. I would not even experiment with a biotin for hair growth if I were you, without consulting a doctor that is expert in this area. Sure, it can help you control a sugar in your blood. 

It seems that biotin works in synergy with insulin in the body, and that is how it independently increases the activity of the enzyme glucokinase. I have heard that chromium is also good, but you need to again try to consult your doctor about this. I mean, did you ever consulted your doctor about this? 

Hi guys, it's Kia K777.
So yes, I actually did consult my doctor about this, and I did it last week when I had a regular appointment. He told me that he needs to do some tests in order to see can I use biotin in order to control my diabetes and blood glucose levels. Of course, I don't need to mention that he really asked me where did I get this information lol. I didn't tell him that I am chatting with you guys here, on this forum, because you know what the doctors are like. I had one who asked me why do I even want to consult him because friends from the internet know it all. So, that is why I haven't told him the true :)

Celebrity

Hm, better aks this question your doctor. I know that many diabetic people are deficient in biotin so consumption of a wide variety of biotin rich foods is recommended. Because of this, they are using a lot of corn, soy, nuts, cauliflower, milk, and eggs. Eggs mostly. That is why it is definitely that biotin can help improve the ability of insulin to regulate blood sugar levels by simply one step - by increasing the activity of an enzyme called glucokinase. That is all philosophy about this, but to be sure, don't do this alone, on your own hand. You should never play with something such as diabetes. 

Hi there. It helped me.
A lot.
Actually, doctor prescribed it to me, telling me that biotin can help me in this. He gave me the list of the ingredients and foods that contain biotin, so I was on the job. Step by step, I could see and feel the progression without doing any tests. So, yes, I vote and I do recommend biotin in order to control a diabetes and blood glucose level. It can't harm you, you just need to try to feel your body, to learn what your body is trying to tell you, and half of job is done.

When it comes to this situation, biotin is really helpful. Here is what you need to know about it, this is a supplementation that may also improve peripheral neuropathy. If you didn't know, that is a condition that causes numbness in the hands and feet, and  this is something that often happens to a diabetic patients. I was reading some research, where it says that in that case, biotin was given in high doses to 3 diabetics suffering patients and doctors were able to see a progression in all three of the patients. Pretty amazing result, right? So, I think that this is really an amazing cure.