Hello! Please, help me, I am very worried. During my shower yesterday I noticed few swollen lymph nodes in my groin. They are soft and mobile. I had some kind of vaginal infection two weeks ago and my doctor prescribed Amoxicillin. I completed my therapy a week ago and I thought my problems were over. I used to have often vaginal sores last year, but that was last year. Could swollen lymph nodes be caused by a vaginal infection or sores I used to have?

Hello! I think there are between 500 and 600 lymph nodes distributed throughout the body. Some of them are found in groups in the underarms, groin, neck, abdomen and chest. They are very important part of our immune system since they fight infections caused by bacteria or viruses. You can normally feel some of them especially in the areas of the neck, under the arms and in the groin. Healthy lymph nodes are not sensitive to touch. If you don’t have any other symptoms such as weight loss, fevers or night sweats this is probably nothing. The infection you had is probably the reason for your swollen lymph nodes. They may be swollen for two weeks or even longer period of time but if you are worry you should visit your doctor and talk to him.