Hi! I need some information. Please, tell me can urinary tract infection cause vaginal dryness. In last few months I had two UTIs and they were really painful. Both times I was taking antibiotics. They helped me. But now I have problem with vaginal dryness. I think that maybe there is a connection between vaginal dryness and UTI's.

Hi! I had a same problem as you. I remember that last year I had very painful UTI and after that I started to suffer of vaginal dryness. Since then I think that there is a connection between those two things. My doctor advised to me to take hormones. She said that they will correct all of my urogenital problems.

I had the exact problem. I was on my period and i found it very odd that I had vaginal dryness. A couple of days later I had pain in my vaginal canal. And I mean PAIN, I had initially thought it was a yeast infection. But my culture came back negative and they told me that I had a UTI.I still have vaginal dryness and I am very scared I will end up with a UTI once again and not to mention the dryness.

Hey guys, I currently have a UTI and lumps that fell like inflammed cuts which I am assuming is from the dryness.. It is really really painfull when I try and pee it takes me 20 minutes to pee letting little bits out at a time its stings so bad that it takes my breath.. Please what can I do?

I have been dealing with vaginal dryness for 2 years now and it all started with being diagnosed with BV and a UTI for which I was treated. I then found out I was pregnant and during the pregnancy I was treated for 1 UTI. During delivery it was determined that I had an infection and was pumped full of antibiotics. When oi was released I got a yeast infection which I was told was normal because of all the antibiotics I was given so I was treated for that. My son is now 1 and in that time I have been treated for 6 UTI's and it was determined that I needed to see a urologist who decided tghat I should take an antibiotic after every sexual encounter to prevent the UTI's. I have been using lubricants for the 2 years now and still have vaginal dryness to the point of having to apply lubes more than once during intercourse and I just want to be normal again. I have an appointment with my ob/gyn tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone out there has dealt with anything similar and the results. I am currently trying to get pregnant so I am also looking for a solution that won't affect conceiving as well.

have you tried fem fresh or an intimate wash i have found it helps my bv and water infection also solves the dryness by returning you to a normal ph balance , this can also improve your chances of concieving also try some books out on diets to improve both .

It might be your birth control causing vaginal dryness, which leads to itching, burning & painful intercourse, which feels exactly like a uti.

vaginal dryness after uti is bçoz of the antibiotic treatment........

I had that problem myself once and I found out that it was a uti yes but the extreme pain was due to the last time my partner and I had sex she ripped me and had previously forgot to clean one of our toys so the cuts got infection and inflammation and every time I would pee it just made the pain worse. In a matter of 4 days it got so bad I couldn't walk or sit down without wanting to scream in pain. I went to the er and they gave me antibiotics. My partner and I were so scared because I had never been ripped. So when we went to the er we didn't have sex for a month.
Unfortunately I have had a few uti's when I was pregnant with my daughter and cranberry juice helped more than I can tell. Just keep some on hand if u feel icky after a good shower drink some cranberry juice and it should clear up without the need to bug the doctor. But if it gets painful definitely go get some antibiotics. It's not fun. It's a pain. But if it has happened more than once it is prone to happen again.

You should get those cuts checked out

Hi, the antibiotics are stripping you vagina of the good bacteria too, hence the dryness. Try taking probiotics, I prefer acidophilus 1 billion culture. Another thing, start to see a doctor of oriental medicine, he/she will help! I had a similar issue and some Chinese herbs and acupuncture left me cured and back confident!

Hi what is the name of the Chinese herbs that you used and what kind of acupuncture

That's what happened to me

You need to go to the doctor. If you have had unprotected sex some of the same symptoms for UTIs are also symptoms of Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. If you don't think it's that then I recommend not touching your vagina with dirty hands even if it's itchy. If you do need to itch try not to as much as possible bc itching will cause further irritation and cuts. Wipe front to back, change pads and tampons as much as possible. You do need to go to the doctor though and get antibacterial medicine from your doc. Untreated UTIs can turn into bladder infections and even worse-kidney infections.

NEVER DOUCHE. It's best to keep chemicals away from your vagina. Coconut based products are the best.