I am 47 years old and I have been wondering about my next period of several years. I am thinking about my menopause. I heard that not taking HRT in menopause could cause Parkinson's disease. Is that true? Will I be threatened in that way? My friend's sister is suffering from Parkinsons's disease and we are about the same age.

I do not know whether HRT has any influence on Parkinson's disease emerging, but I do know that for now, there is no known cause for this condition. Still, I will tell you that Parkinson's is not an easy illness, both for patients and their family, The disease is not fatal, but still there is deterioration of body and mind, which is very unpleasant and sad thing.

I do not take the replacement therepy as I was told it can cause cancer.

I do take the essential fatty acids 3-6-9 and also the Saw Palmetto Berries by Swiss 1000 mg. These berries are excellent in that the Indians always ate them and were never sick. The berries have been researched by the medical profession and the results were astonding. On a women they help regulate your hormones and they help your hair and skin and give you energy. Also your sex drive is increased...wow right? Even my husband said they were really good as it protects the mens prostrate and he really felt the difference on them.

I had vaginal dryness until I started taking these berries...now I am like I was when I was 20!! ...including the sex drive as well...how about that!

Also take a good mutivitamin with chelated minerals...

Take good care of yourself
Deborah