I had my surgery on mon 12th of jan 09. it is now wed 14th and i am sitting at my computer and it took my 44 min to get to my chair. (about 8 1/2 feet away. I can tell you i have never felt pain like this before in my life and i have given child birth 3 times. I am going to keep a daily log and if you have questions about pain that your doc seams to be avoiding i will answer them based on what i am going through now.

mary

mitsuracer00,

I think keeping a log is very important! I have kept a log for the last 8 months and it helps when different doctors need to know when things happened. It also helps when I have an appointment with my NS, I go over the notes since our last visit and they help me see how things have changed and evolved to where they are now.

Daily Notes are a great idea!

Good luck mitsuracer00,
Rob

Mary,

How have things been going for you since the surgery? My father had surgery on the April 14th--in the cervical area. He is now in a short-term rehabilitation center (which is a GREAT facility) but is frustrated with the terrible pain (especially in his shoulders and arms) and with the slow progress. The Dr. says he's on track, but I don't know what that really means in layman's terms! He's not seen much improvement thus far. We're crossing our fingers that this helps him get some feeling back. Kathleen

If you were asking me, I am doing a lot better now. I am getting outside and doing small things like wading the river fishing and that is sort of like therapy for me. My muscles are getting toner and the pain is fading. I still hurt but that is also coming and going now. Its been since last October 31 2008 when I had surgery. I am very dissapointed that nobody told me it would be this rough though!! So bear with him and believe him 4 months from now when he still says he hurts.

Good luck,
Rob

Kathleen-
How old is your father? My mom is 86 and is having alot of pain and surgery appears to be her only remaining option.

Worried in WI

ACDF+shoulders+arms hi karbi, just drop in to say hi, goin to doc on Friday, hopeing that he can give new advice on my shoulders, im at wits end the pain is so bad an my left shoulder has dropped more, it is making the pain in my neck more worse than i can cope, my arms are like led, still on all my meds an oxycotin has be up to 60mg a day,some days don't know how to cope,all upper extremities are giving me hell, the only thing i can do for myself is make sandwich for lunch,,small cup of drink, no house work at all, i can just drive to doc;s an appointment's but that's about it, come strate home, to hide an cry, i wish there was a magic genie, to take it all away,hope u are well, talk soon, Deb :-(

hi there! its been years then since you guys have had your surgery, i was so shocked with what i read here about the surgery as i was told by the doctor to go through it, im 30 years old.. the pain is actually ok, its just that its uncomfortable. i have been thorugh physical theraphy for 4 weeks three times a day and after evry session pain still lingers. i dont know as i was considering to have a surgery done tomorrow or next day but im thinking twice after reading the message here. oh my!

i am about to have this surgeory in 2 wks, i really am very nervous,because ive been in pain managment for 5 yrs after a neck surgeory went bad i am afraid that they will have no way of controlling my pain,they said after 2 wks ill be pain free,im im the state of pa

I am supposed to have this surgery and am terrified!  I have only read about pain and horror. My daughter is having twins and has a son who is two. I want to help her and don't want to mess that plan up........how many wks past surg would I b able to help?  I have lost weight and it scares me that I might gain it back because of sitting in pain. I know I need it, just terrified!  What can u tell me.

thanks

teresa